5mm spacers

Cliff R

Hi all.

Sorry if been asked before I have a CR  and I am thinking I might put 5 mm spacers on the front after reading good things about fitting better turn in apparently.

No driving God btw.

I have seen a kit spacers and longer bolts design tek  from Design 911. Just under £90 

Just wondered if anyone had experience of fitting with makes and costs.

Any advice into would be most appreciated.

• Founder
26 minutes ago, Cliff R said:

Hi all.

Sorry if been asked before I have a CR  and I am thinking I might put 5 mm spacers on the front after reading good things about fitting better turn in apparently.

No driving God btw.

I have seen a kit spacers and longer bolts design tek  from Design 911. Just under £90 

Just wondered if anyone had experience of fitting with makes and costs.

Any advice into would be most appreciated.

I would highly recommend 5mm spacers on the front, it transformed my CR.  

I bought the spacers, but sourced bolts directly from Porsche.  

Some of those spacer packages from D911 use stainless steel bolts, hence my question in the thread last week

• Founder
5 hours ago, Cliff R said:

Thanks Nick so where would you suggest getting the spacers from?

Bolts from OPC ?

For 5mm I will go with the Design Tek spacers, in fact I’ll be ordering mine tomorrow.  Bolts I haven’t decided yet, I was very tempted by the Ti bolts but I suspect that’s just overkill.  Will probably go with slightly longer OE ones, either OPC or D911, whichever is cheapest 

9 hours ago, Beanoir said:

For 5mm I will go with the Design Tek spacers, in fact I’ll be ordering mine tomorrow.  Bolts I haven’t decided yet, I was very tempted by the Ti bolts but I suspect that’s just overkill.  Will probably go with slightly longer OE ones, either OPC or D911, whichever is cheapest 

Thanks .

Can you let me know which are the cheapest way to buy the bolts 

I see spacers come in black or silver guess it's a matter of which to choose my wheels are black decisions decisions. 

Cheers. 

Hi, 

If you haven't already pulled the plug, I'd recommend swapping your bolts for studs. It makes wheel changes much easier and allows you to use/not use spacers whenever you want. 

I bought mtec studs and they have been fine (for both road and track use). My 5mm spaxers (which I actually use to correct the offset on an old set of track wheels) were just generic ones. I think they were about 25 quid

23 hours ago, Lennym1984 said:

Hi, 

If you haven't already pulled the plug, I'd recommend swapping your bolts for studs. It makes wheel changes much easier and allows you to use/not use spacers whenever you want. 

I bought mtec studs and they have been fine (for both road and track use). My 5mm spaxers (which I actually use to correct the offset on an old set of track wheels) were just generic ones. I think they were about 25 quid

Thanks 

Not pulled the trigger yet still looking at my options.

Cheers.

Edited by Cliff R