Bucket seats - will it be worth the hassle

I'm currently pondering whether or not to fit bucket seats (fixed back) to my car. I find the stock (standard comfort) seats fine on the road but not really supportive enough on track. 

My conundrum is that a) I'm probably only going to manage 5-6 track days per year for the next few years b) I do track days for fun and whilst I'm reasonably competent, I probably only drive at 8/10th (my main priority is to leave in the car I arrived in) so maybe buckets are overkill c) I like my heated seats and d) ill have to faff around with disabling airbag lights. 

I'm trying to work out whether the hassle is really worth it for 5-6 days per year or whether I'm really just being vain (wanting that racecar look) and trying to justify new seats to myself. 

So, who's fitted bucket seats and do the pros outweigh the cons?

My car came with buckets fitted by the previous owner. I can't vouch for how much hassle they were to fit but have to say I can't imagine owning the car without them on the road let alone the track. They really help make the driving experience to my mind as you feel much more connected to the car..Just being lower and held firmly in corners will help your driving and make for a more enjoyable experience..Add to that they'll be a lot lighter and prob help lower the centre of gravity when you're sat in it then it should all be positive..

The only down sides are if you buy something that turns out to be either uncomfortable or a bad fit that fouls other trim/doors etc..If you go for a tried and tested option then should be fine..The other point of note is just making sure they are a design that's cut back enough at the sides for easy, ( ish ), access as anything to tub like would become a pain off track..

Mine are Cobra Nogaro trimmed to match the car and I really like them.., ( previous owner was the MD of Cobra and a nice chap so well worth a call to them if you decide to go for it..)

You mention liking the heated seats which suggests to me you might use it as a daily in which case i could understand poss not wanting to compromise things too much but if its a second car I wouldnt hesitate..

Good luck if you go for it..

Ed

IMG_17712_96106075459909.JPEG

Edited by Edmundo2
  • Like 1

@Edmundo2

Cobra Nogaro's!! ... N O I S E 😄 ... Pricey but they also can supply them heated if you have deep pockets!

https://www.cobraseatsshop.co.uk/2x-cobra-nogaro-seats-for-porsche-cayman-2005--including-fitting-kit-772-p.asp

Even cooler if the PO gave you the originals too :35_thinking:

Edited by Mavrik

8 hours ago, Edmundo2 said:

My car came with buckets fitted by the previous owner. I can't vouch for how much hassle they were to fit but have to say I can't imagine owning the car without them on the road let alone the track. They really help make the driving experience to my mind as you feel much more connected to the car..Just being lower and held firmly in corners will help your driving and make for a more enjoyable experience..Add to that they'll be a lot lighter and prob help lower the centre of gravity when you're sat in it then it should all be positive..

The only down sides are if you buy something that turns out to be either uncomfortable or a bad fit that fouls other trim/doors etc..If you go for a tried and tested option then should be fine..The other point of note is just making sure they are a design that's cut back enough at the sides for easy, ( ish ), access as anything to tub like would become a pain off track..

Mine are Cobra Nogaro trimmed to match the car and I really like them.., ( previous owner was the MD of Cobra and a nice chap so well worth a call to them if you decide to go for it..)

You mention liking the heated seats which suggests to me you might use it as a daily in which case i could understand poss not wanting to compromise things too much but if its a second car I wouldnt hesitate..

Good luck if you go for it..

Ed

IMG_17712_96106075459909.JPEG

Thanks for your thoughts. Its not a daily (I have a comfortable barge for daily duties) but I am sickert for heated seats.

I keep looking at the nogaros but I can't decide whether I can justify the cost