Water drainage.

Hi,
Just a quick question, does the Cayman have similar problems with water leaking into the cabin, causing electrical problems, if drain holes etc aren't cleared or is this just a problem with the soft top Boxsters?

I believe the drainage holes in the battery compartment can get blocked which may cause damp in the passenger compartment, but I've not heard of it ever causing major electrical issues.

Perhaps the issue is unique to the Boxster  as I think it may have drainage holes behind the seats near the roof mechanism? 

The usual cause of wet carpets in the Cayman is the door card and metal panel being removed and not resealed properly (lots of threads on this!) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ben said:

I believe the drainage holes in the battery compartment can get blocked which may cause damp in the passenger compartment, but I've not heard of it ever causing major electrical issues.

Perhaps the issue is unique to the Boxster  as I think it may have drainage holes behind the seats near the roof mechanism? 

The usual cause of wet carpets in the Cayman is the door card and metal panel being removed and not resealed properly (lots of threads on this!) 

Thank you.
Yes the Boxsters suffer with fried electrics under the passenger seat, the Immobilisor & the ECU I believe, the carpets can feel dry but there's an inch or 2 of foam underneath that can hold 3 to 4 litres of water according to a video I saw, caused by blocked drains to do with the hood.
It's good to hear that Caymans don't seem to suffer this & thanks, yesterday I saw a video regarding repairing door cards.

This is a timely one, I just noticed ever so slightly clammy feeling to my seatbelt in my 981C this morning. Nothing in the carpet or footwell. I had a quick look at the small passages in the door seals, all looked well. I can't really see a route into the seatbelt area from the windows. I might crack the boot later and see where the channels run from there. 

• Like 1