Help valuing my spare wheels

Ginginho

I was hoping to get some opinions on the valuation of the winter tyres/wheels that came with my car; they are genuine Cayman S II 18" wheels and come with Continental ContiWinter TS810S tyres. They're on excellent condition IMO and I had figured them to be worth £1k. Any thoughts?

Compress_20211011_074403_3621.jpg

Wheels are tough, and even tougher is justifying a higher price because they have tyres on them. If I were buying these, I'd be immediately swapping the rubber, and I suspect many others would too.

A full new set of OEM wheels for this generation of car isn't much over £1k if I'm remembering correctly (though that admittedly might have been a different spoke style). At a guess I'd say these might fetch £600-700? But you never know, there might be somebody out there who just needs this style.

Edited by Hunter

46 minutes ago, Hunter said:

Wheels are tough, and even tougher is justifying a higher price because they have tyres on them. If I were buying these, I'd be immediately swapping the rubber, and I suspect many others would too.

That was my thinking too. If I were in the market for another set of wheels (which I kind of am), I'd be pulling the tyres off to put some sticky rubber on instead.

8 hours ago, Ginginho said:

I was hoping to get some opinions on the valuation of the winter tyres/wheels that came with my car; they are genuine Cayman S II 18" wheels and come with Continental ContiWinter TS810S tyres. They're on excellent condition IMO and I had figured them to be worth £1k. Any thoughts?

Compress_20211011_074403_3621.jpg

I bought a set in silver with winter tyres on for £725 near mint condition