Tailpipe design

mc5

Looking to get a new tailpipe. Is there any advantage/disadvantage over getting the one in the link over the oem T design

https://www.cargraphic.de/en/your-vehicle/for-porsche/for-cayman/for-9872/for-29l/exhaust-system-and-components/sport-tailpipes-for-porsche-9872-cayman-29l/perp87er35rx/

Can't comment on the X-Pipe specifically, but I had the OEM sport tailpipes fitted by Gert when he installed the Carnewal GT Exhaust, and the blurb states that the "TT" design results in a better flow and slightly more sound due to the enlarged diameter.

http://www.carnewal.com/products/987/p87012/Tail-Pipe-Sport

• 3 weeks later...

I was going to get the Cargraphic tail pipes on my R but was advised by the garage (a Cargraphic dealer) that the quality of the chrome was not that great, so I went for the black Techart ones instead and sold the originals via this site.

Techart Tips.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iSPY said:

Satin black works well, shows dirt and stains less 👍

Great :) I have Cayman R mufflers on my S so potentially a different tone with the x-pipe on the fab :) 

Its being ordered and fitted next week along with a detailing and ceramic coat to wheels, paint with callipers being resprayed as previous owner must have put some chemical on as they bubbled 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Porschaholic said:

Very nice indeed. Hard to tell from the pics - is that a Matt finish?

Yes it is indeed :) car has had ceramic after a stage 1 too so giving off a lot of shiny gloss

• 4 weeks later...

Those tips look great. What diameter are they? I've recently bought a DT/TG valved system but I'm on the fence about fitting the X pipe tips as I don't like the gap between them, its as if the diameter of each tip isn't big enough to fill the space enough. My OEM tips have a max of 5mm between them like yours, the new ones have about 10mm.

OP, I had the original 987.1 S exhaust tips and replaced them with RS60 Spyder twins which are the TT design. It does change the tone slightly making it deeper and it does sound nicer.

I'm tempted to fit the new exhaust system but still use the OEM RS60 tips if they'll fit.

On 26/01/2022 at 11:31, jaketame said:

Fabspeed was working out expensive with shipping to get the tip colour I wanted. So ended up with Cargraphic

https://parr-uk.co.uk/product/perp87er35xtp/ - Was Tips + X-Pipe

This is UK design but manufactured in Germany. I can highly recommend the quality and design. Precision Porsche fitted as its my local and were very impressed.

large.IMG_4884.jpg.29d16341d9c295aa20eed708ffa0b869.jpglarge.IMG_4881.jpg.16a504103a4f919d0c651b6e30e72f2d.jpglarge.IMG_4886.jpg.bd099c94d1fe6ccddea80e92f518b759.jpg

Sorry meant to quote this!

On 19/02/2022 at 11:30, Spykee said:

Sorry meant to quote this!

These are 89mm each. It fits perfectly in the gap. They offer 100mm version and it’s known on a Cayman it can rub plastic / melt when really hot with 100mm version. 

• Like 1