Bodyshop recommendation in Gloucestershire

briggy

I have a small patch of paint missing on a wheel arch that I'd like to get painted before corrosion sets in. Also, the paint on the front grilles has seen better days so would like those repainted too. Can anyone recommend somewhere close to me? I'm in Tewkesbury, so ideally Gloucestershire, but Worcestershire is also an option, or even Bristol.

Car is a 987.2 Cayman in basalt black.

Would like somewhere that has experience of working on Porsches, given that the front bumper needs to be removed to gain access to the grilles.

Cheers,
Bryan

IMG_1844.jpeg

IMG_1847.jpeg

I really wouldn't bother having either of those things done professionally. The wheel arch will only get peppered with stones again and so it is easiest (and cheapest) to simply keep on top of it and touch it in as needed. I did mine with epoxy mastic (which is seriously good stuff) and then put PPF over the top. That was about 12 months and 8 or 9 track days ago and it still looks good.

I'm not knocking professional paint shops (I had a rear quarter full of deep stone chips done professionally) but the damage is only going to happen again and so you are just throwing money away.

On 22/11/2021 at 19:27, Lennym1984 said:

I really wouldn't bother having either of those things done professionally. The wheel arch will only get peppered with stones again and so it is easiest (and cheapest) to simply keep on top of it and touch it in as needed. I did mine with epoxy mastic (which is seriously good stuff) and then put PPF over the top. That was about 12 months and 8 or 9 track days ago and it still looks good.

I'm not knocking professional paint shops (I had a rear quarter full of deep stone chips done professionally) but the damage is only going to happen again and so you are just throwing money away.

Fair points, but when it comes down to it, I can't be bothered to do it myself. Would rather pay someone that knows what they're doing.

Still looking for a recommendation.