Seen a nice 981 for sale, add it in here

With the 987.2 thread becoming a good resourceful bit of reading i thought it worry starting a 981 one. 

Seen a nice car for sale you think it's good value,  well specced or just something different add it here. 

Always nice to discuss and what is one person's rubbish is another person's treasure.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lovely car, is it a competive price though?

I'm looking to swap my 2013 981 S with great spec but challenged by the perceived price difference - nearly £20k!

2 hours ago, andygo said:

Lovely car, is it a competive price though?

I'm looking to swap my 2013 981 S with great spec but challenged by the perceived price difference - nearly £20k!

I think GTS can command a £10K premium over the S even before factoring in mileage and spec.  That GTS does seem particularly well loaded on spec (those buckets and wheel options alone will be a factor), but only you can judge in comparison to yours. 

That looks like harbour cars which do indeed have some amazingly clean and specced cars. As with all things the very best sellers command the higher prices as most people will pay the premium for that piece of mind.

An late model 981S with a very top spec list ( buckets, pccb, ptv) etc will be north of 45k so 55k for this is maybe not competitive but i still expect it will sell at that price. 

Early average spec, average mile 981s are still in the 35k range with the high milers still around 30k.

Low mile gts 981's are still in the high 40s low 50s from what I've seen unless they are getting long in the legs. 

I'm actively looking for a GTS at the moment. They all seem to be north of £50k, but some seem to have horrendous coloured interiors. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I don't want to buy one with a limited appeal interior as at some point I will want to sell!

Theres a lovely 2016 GTS for sale on Autotrader with only 9,000 miles for sale in Scotland, but a private sale @ £53k.

I would like to part ex mine, so thats not going to happen with a private sale.

Loath to sell mine privately before looking for a GTS as could be waiting ages for a decent one to surface. Perrenial problem for lots of people I think.

Edited by andygo

Lol about the interior comments,  i found this when looking for my CS. At one point i found one right spec,  right price but again a bright interior, i even looked into prices for swapping it. 

Good luck with the search. 

21 hours ago, andygo said:

I'm actively looking for a GTS at the moment. They all seem to be north of £50k, but some seem to have horrendous coloured interiors. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I don't want to buy one with a limited appeal interior as at some point I will want to sell!

Have you seen this one Andy?

https://www.dmbcollection.co.uk/vehicle-details/used-porsche-cayman-981-gts-for-sale-dmb-collection-u570/

I went to look at her a couple of weeks ago as was getting impatient awaiting build date confirmation on my GTS4.0. 

i wrote up a bit of a review on her on the 981 GTS thread here (page 3)  

The review might seem a little negative, the car was lovely, just needed a little bit of TLC to bring her up to the standard I’d want. Ie wheel returb, 2 new tyres, new front discs and rear pads, paint correction and ceramic. 

They offered me £600 off her advertised price. 

By coincidence, whilst I was there looking and haggling I received an email from Porsche confirming my July build date so I thanked them for their time (and the pretty lengthy test drive 😉👍🏻) and drove the 3.5hrs home again… 

I have some video of close ups on the wheels, underside of the car, panels which I could WhatsApp you if you want to PM me your number. 

Edited by Windymiller

12 hours ago, Neil_jdmr said:

That's a lovely colour! 

Aye indeed - I think it’s the best metallic blue Porsche have done (think it’s called Sapphire), such a shame they stopped it after the 9x1 models… 

17 hours ago, andygo said:

the dealers have offered me £26k for mile, quite a lowball offer. Whilst my 1 previous owner  S has 53k miles, its also a decent spec with Chrono, pasm etc. It's mint inside as well, the seat side bolter hasn't been used as an elephants launching pad so is isnt creased.

I saw a 14 plate GTS on autotrader with 16k miles and did a webuyany car on it. was valued at £39k, for sale at £53 privately.

Prices are all over the place for the GTS vs the S versions.