Would anyone consider a Caffeine & Machine Cayman UK owners meet Aug or Sep 2022?

As the title suggests, I am wondering if anyone would consider a weekend visit to Caffeine & Machine - a Cayman meet in either August or September 2022 would be great if we can get something organised.

https://caffeineandmachine.com

Edited by SFAlfaDude
  • Thanks 1

• SFAlfaDude changed the title to Would anyone consider a Caffeine & Machine Cayman UK owners meet Aug or Sep 2022?

I was there some weeks back and it was a Scooby meet day, there must have been ~50 Imprezas (all doing donuts in the car park and ramraiding the C&M shop… 😜). 

Just be aware you have to pre-book a ‘session’; either pre lunch or post lunch - so let’s all book the same session 😉

Also your £10 per car entrance fee gets you £5 off any food n drink you buy for brekkie 👍🏻

• Like 1

Been there a few times now and the service is very slow if you want to eat or order a drink. The bar staff didn't have a clue when I asked what bitter they sold and asked me if Guiness is bitter. Oh dear.

There’s an R31 meet there tomorrow and there has been a meet of Spyders there back in May. 

if in the area I’d recommend also checking out Gilks Garage cafe (small place but family run and welcoming). 5 min drive away

I haven’t yet tried The Classic Motor Hub, but it isn’t a huge distance from C&M but nice part of the world and could be worth considering tagging it on for those making a bigger trek in first place. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Blissya said:

There’s an R31 meet there tomorrow and there has been a meet of Spyders there back in May. 

if in the area I’d recommend also checking out Gilks Garage cafe (small place but family run and welcoming). 5 min drive away

I haven’t yet tried The Classic Motor Hub, but it isn’t a huge distance from C&M but nice part of the world and could be worth considering tagging it on for those making a bigger trek in first place. 

Gilks cafe could be a good option, I have contacted them to see if they have any objections to a bunch of Caymans all turning up!

I have been to the Classic Motor Hub, that's an interesting venue to see the cars on show/sale and a decent car park out back as well.

I will finalise a venue and set a date, will move the post to the correct area of the Forum for events once confirmed.

• Like 1

Don't want to be that guy....but...Gilks it's a useless place. There is nothing to it really.....just a tiny bar with high prices, terrible service, 4 spaces at the front and 4 at the back. That's it really.

I'm local so it doesn't matter to me..but if someone is travelling from further away imagine arriving to a place like Gilks lol....would be very disappointing! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Andrea said:

Don't want to be that guy....but...Gilks it's a useless place. There is nothing to it really.....just a tiny bar with high prices, terrible service, 4 spaces at the front and 4 at the back. That's it really.

I'm local so it doesn't matter to me..but if someone is travelling from further away imagine arriving to a place like Gilks lol....would be very disappointing! 

Hi Andrea,

I contacted Gilks and I must say they were very welcoming and friendly and keen to have a group visit.  However, they did outline the limitations of a group visit and sizes they can accommodate.

So I am going for C&M and whoever wishes to join us is more than welcome.

• Like 1