Door locking opening issue - FIXED, then UNFIXED... :-(

futureechos

2 hours ago, futureechos said:

Thanks Lennym1984 - Appreciate the offer.

You reminded me in Jan 2022 the door was fixed under warranty for the window drop issue where it doesn't stay down when you open the door.. same door.

I'm not sure if the door lock module was replaced as part of this but being only 1 year old I guess not.

I assume all the microswitches are part of the door module?

Out of warranty now of course.

The window regulator is a different part (ETA. Just read your post properly and a faulty door lock module can cause that issue - check on the invoice what was replaced). The door lock module contains the microswitches that recognise when the door is open/closed and when a handle has been activated. They get sticky and/or fail over time (same issues with VW and Audi who... you guessed it... use the exact same part).

Here you go (check that it is the correct side). I fitted one of these 2.5 years ago and it is still fine.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174208259244

Edited by Lennym1984
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/09/2023 at 12:58, futureechos said:

Thanks Lennym1984 - Appreciate the offer.

You reminded me in Jan 2022 the door was fixed under warranty for the window drop issue where it doesn't stay down when you open the door.. same door.

I'm not sure if the door lock module was replaced as part of this but being only 1 year old I guess not.

I assume all the microswitches are part of the door module?

Out of warranty now of course.

Update:

Now the door opens when sat inside but the remote does not open the door, can be done with key.

So after some more research and as advise here (thanks all) I think I need to replace the door lock module, and there are many guides online to show this, so that will be next step.  Will post an update once I have some time to source parts (VW and Skoda equivalent look exactly the same part: 3D2 837 016 for RHD offside UK about £20-30), spare door clips for the inevitable breakage when removing door card, potentially some waterproof tape for the inner aluminium door cover.

This guide is awesome and helps if you find yourself need to replace: (thanks to Jonttt)

https://www.porscheclubgb.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1058282 

At the very least this door issue has helped me find a failing battery and saved me a dead start in mid winter.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, futureechos said:

potentially some waterproof tape for the inner aluminium door cover.

You probably won't need it but if you do, you want butyl tape.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 09:49, Lennym1984 said:

You probably won't need it but if you do, you want butyl tape.

Done and Done, if it does rain Saturday - I have all the bits and it will go on.. The car also occasionally does the lock-unlock beep thing described in other forums, which is also down to the actuator.  Will update in case this helps someone in the future..