Removing Cayman Badge from rear

My badge on the rear boot hatch has a piece broken off and I need to remove the whole thing to put the new one on.  I don't want to scratch the paint in the process and so wondered if anybody has a fool proof way of taking the badge off? 

I'm pretty sure I have some old fishing line somewhere n the back of the shed...great idea.  I'll give that a go at the weekend then I think.  I wondered if heat alone would do the trick and i could then just pull them off, but wasn't sure. 

Nice work! 

+1 for the fishing line, works a treat and I didn't use heat when I did it.  

I also recommend the Autosmart glue/tar remover much better than the Autogleam stuff 

When I removed one I found a good polish of the area too after and before fixing new badge on to remove the outline of grime left behind.  

can someone post up the measurements as to where the badge should go (and the "R") as I had mine removed when it was detailed and I forgot to ask them to measure it up first!

• Founder
15 hours ago, Estoril said:

can someone post up the measurements as to where the badge should go (and the "R") as I had mine removed when it was detailed and I forgot to ask them to measure it up first!

I'll measure mine today and let you know chief :) 

• Like 1

• Founder
3 minutes ago, Uncle Dave said:

Mind if we create an FAQ for this Nick? - might pinch your graphic (full credit off course!)

Yeah why not, take the shirt off my back too Dave ;) 

Of course, for the greater good of the OC :)