Gen1 987 on 19" or bigger any Pics?

Hi, New member on here but wanting opinions/options on going larger than 18" on the rims or stick with standard??

BTW Does the EU have to uses inches for tyres and rims? ;-)

This is my current ride on the 18s

20150221_121955.jpg

• Like 1

I like those wheels, they suit the car very nicely. Don't forget larger rims mean smaller profile tyres so the gap between tyre and wheel arch would be the same. It's just a visual illusion that they "fill the arches better" due to the rim being bigger.

If it were mine, I'd be very happy staying put with the current set up.

Ive got 19s on mine, that's how it came, with 35% aspect ratio tyres,  the advantages are; sharper handling due to less sidewall flex and a better more confident feel to the steering combined with great looks.  the disadvantages are; more expensive rubber, more road noise, pothole and kerb phobia and a harsher ride..

Mine has 19's on.  I've no issue with them, but then I haven' tried with anything smaller yet (may be an option for winters).  I haven't currently got any decent photographs of them, I'll try and get one later if that helps?

Joe.

18 hours ago, brushwood69 said:

Hi, New member on here but wanting opinions/options on going larger than 18" on the rims or stick with standard??

BTW Does the EU have to uses inches for tyres and rims? ;-)

This is my current ride on the 18s

20150221_121955.jpg

I think your wheels appear smaller because of the dark colour of them.  They don't normally appear to be so small those style wheels.  

Would you stick with dark or go for a silver colour?

Dabbled with the anthracite now so probably silver again next time. I like the look of the GT4 wheels in the arches which game me the idea plus 18" is only 1" bigger than the 17"s and they look horrible imho from a side shot!

Also makes a difference if you have PASM or have a lower ride height.

I've got 19" and PASM, which does make a difference to how it looks.

Down side is a much firmer ride, which can be uncomfortable on some patched up roads, but great when you want to push on a bit.