987.1/.2 Official Porsche roof rack

markbarry1977

Forgot I have in the garage the official Porsche 987.1/.2 roof rack system comprising four feet and two bars. 

Comes complete with tools, foam pads, locking keys etc. 

I will  post photos up later when I get home from work. 

Got to be honest, you can only get the system from Porsche, there is no alternative. There as rare as hens teeth second hand £450+ new from Porsche. It has a bit of paint damage on a couple

of the feet but nothing to worry about and could be easily resprayed to immaculate condition. I have used them once and they cost me £200+ on eBay. 

I will hold off advertising else where and give forum members first bid. 

I have had had them fitted to a 987.1 and the previous owner was 987.2 so they will fit both. 

Make le me an offer and I will upload photos later. 

Edited by markbarry1977
  • Like 1

Hi Mark,

I've sent an email regarding the rack a few days ago, just trying to bring it to your attention.

Pete

So, Unfortunately I purchased the rack system from Mark.

I think it is safe to say we have very different opinions on what constitutes 'comes complete / a bit of paint damage that can could be easily resprayed to immaculate condition'. Seeing as a picture can say a thousand words;

20160719_074032.jpg20160719_073950.jpg20160719_073945.jpg20160719_073908.jpg20160719_073858.jpg20160719_073826.jpg20160719_073808.jpg20160719_073758.jpg20160719_073711.jpg20160719_073700.jpg20160719_073612.jpg20160719_073602.jpg20160719_073554.jpg

For those who don't know what we are looking at here we have not only paint damage but corrosion and dent damage in the cast alloy feet, scratches & digs on the anodised finish of the bars and the rubber inserts that hide the channels down the bars are missing. I have given mark the opportunity to take them back but this has been refused. 

No, being a trusting idiot I expected the description to be accurate in the first place. What makes it worse is there was a complete and mint set on ebay at the same time!

I could live with scratches to the feet as I would have got them hydro dipped but the damage to the bars you can't do anything about and the feet need shot blasting so get rid of the corrosion. Also, finding the right rubber insert for the bars will be a pain.

• Founder

I must say Mark is a decent chap from experience of having met him a few times and quite a regular on other car forums too, I'm sure if you're not happy with the item being as described he'd be willing to refund provided nobody is out of pocket with postage etc.  

• Like 1

He has already refused a refund and I would also be out of pocket as I paid for them to be collected, I didn't ask for this cost back just that of the bars.

This kind of abuse of trust on forums leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I've seen it before and this guy clearly doesn't care as he's sold his car and so unlikely to be visiting here much again.  Having said that he's on BabyBMW forum so you'll find him if you need to - perhaps his new forum would like to know he rips off other forum members!! 

Given the description and then seeing the photos I think it's a good case for small claims matey! 

Good luck! 

Closing this thread now as it's run it's course, the Admin team have discussed and we'll contact both parties and hopefully no fingers burnt.   

From now on i'm afraid we'll be policing For Sale adverts more actively to ensure members ensure photos are added, as per the forum rules to avoid this kind of disappointing situation.