rear lid interior trim

does anybody know how to remove the soft (similar to headlining) trim panel in the inside of the rear lid between the rear screen and the rigid pull down handle and latch cover.

I'm looking to fit a rear spoiler and will need access to this area to drill through the skin and bond a reinforcing plate on the inside 

thanks in advance. Steve.

Steve, which model?

NB. Would be useful if members would put which model number in "My Ride" to the left, so we know which one they have and they don't have to repeat it in every post asking for advice.

17 hours ago, DJMC said:

Steve, which model?

NB. Would be useful if members would put which model number in "My Ride" to the left, so we know which one they have and they don't have to repeat it in every post asking for advice.

thanks for the advice, I'll add to my profile. oh hang on, its already there. anyway its a 2006/7 3.4 s gen 1. cheers

Edited by Bushman
reviewed.

It pulls out with the help of a trim removal tool also.  It's held in by lots of metal clips, they're quite well held in but that's effectively all it is.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bushman said:

thanks for the advice, I'll add to my profile. oh hang on, its already there. anyway its a 2006/7 3.4 s gen 1. cheers

Sorry to be pedantic, but a 3.4S could be any year/model. Just change to "Cayman 3.4S 987.1"

Thanks.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, DJMC said:

Sorry to be pedantic, but a 3.4S could be any year/model. Just change to "Cayman 3.4S 987.1"

Thanks.

How is that any different to "2006/7 3.4 s gen 1"?  :4fvgdaq_th:

3 hours ago, Tom said:

How is that any different to "2006/7 3.4 s gen 1"?  :4fvgdaq_th:

The description in Bushman's subsequent post was fine but I think DJMC was suggesting that Bushman should edit his profile to include more specific details regarding which model of 3.4S he has.

Edited by twopointnine
typo corrected

Yes, twopointnine is correct.

In a subsequent post from Bushman a viewer still won't know what model he has unless he updates it here:

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 14.04.50.png

Edited by DJMC

I would if I could DJMC, I keep trying to add 'gen 1' and update my profile pic but it wont let me. I realise I should have added more details when I signed up so I appreciate your advice on updating but now need advice on saving updates.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Bushman said:

I would if I could DJMC, I keep trying to add 'gen 1' and update my profile pic but it wont let me. I realise I should have added more details when I signed up so I appreciate your advice on updating but now need advice on saving updates.

Changed it for you Bushman! 

• Like 1