Looking for a 987 Gen2 S

briggy

Hi folks,

Recently sold my Porsche 944S2 Cabriolet and my Audi RS4 (B7) to fund the long awaited purchase of a Cayman, which will be my only car. I've got a decent budget, so should be able to get a good 987 Gen2 S. Must have Sports Chrono, full main dealer service history and Satnav. Would like to have switchable sports exhaust, PASM and creature comforts such as heated seats and climate control. Mileage would be under 40,000. Only colour I wouldn't take would be silver. I'm a dyed in the water manual man, but as the PDK box is so highly rated, I won't rule it out at least until I've driven one.

Would prefer to buy from a private buyer or a reputable dealer such as 911 Virgin. Been stung in the past by some traders who are best avoided, so plan to be choosy about where I buy from. I've got email alerts setup on Pistonheads and Autotrader, but if anyone knows of something for sale elsewhere, please let me know.

One thing I haven't managed to find on the internet is anything showing what the standard spec was and what options were available. Does anyone have any links to accurate information? Also, what is the difference between Sports Chrono and Sports Chrono Plus?

Anyway, I hope to buy something soon and get some pictures up. In the mean time, attached should be a picture of my old 944, which the Cayman will take the place of.

Cheers,

Bryan

Porsche.jpeg

• Like 1

• Founder

Hi Bryan, welcome! 

I believe the buyers guides have the the complete list of option codes in the back pages.  

The brochure will give the best idea though.  

http://photos.stuttcars.info/upload/2015/02/16/Cayman987Mk2-1001.pdf

I thiught SC+ just intergrated with the PCM (if you specced it) 

15 hours ago, briggy said:

Hi folks,

Recently sold my Porsche 944S2 Cabriolet and my Audi RS4 (B7) to fund the long awaited purchase of a Cayman, which will be my only car. I've got a decent budget, so should be able to get a good 987 Gen2 S. Must have Sports Chrono, full main dealer service history and Satnav. Would like to have switchable sports exhaust, PASM and creature comforts such as heated seats and climate control. Mileage would be under 40,000. Only colour I wouldn't take would be silver. I'm a dyed in the water manual man, but as the PDK box is so highly rated, I won't rule it out at least until I've driven one.

Would prefer to buy from a private buyer or a reputable dealer such as 911 Virgin. Been stung in the past by some traders who are best avoided, so plan to be choosy about where I buy from. I've got email alerts setup on Pistonheads and Autotrader, but if anyone knows of something for sale elsewhere, please let me know.

One thing I haven't managed to find on the internet is anything showing what the standard spec was and what options were available. Does anyone have any links to accurate information? Also, what is the difference between Sports Chrono and Sports Chrono Plus?

Anyway, I hope to buy something soon and get some pictures up. In the mean time, attached should be a picture of my old 944, which the Cayman will take the place of.

Cheers,

Bryan

Porsche.jpeg

Bought mine from Dove House, a dealer and Indy porsche garage. They did a full service including plugs, drive belt and replaced the front discs. Seem a v good outfit but prob payed a couple of k more than a 'normal' dealer for the privilege