Wheel refurbishment

Estoril

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to get wheels (Sport Design) refurbished or places to avoid?

I'm not happy with the finish on mine and the tyres are due for replacement so I thought I'd get it all done at ones.

Also, tyres, looks like the only (sensible) Michels that are Porsche approved are the PS2's, any comments on this?

Cheers,

Darren.

34 minutes ago, Estoril said:

Thanks for the feedback, I do like the idea that Exel will collect the wheels and loan me a set whilst mine are refurbished.

Yes. Chris at Exel uses Lepsons but the difference is that you pay a little more for keeping mobile on his wheels, and his quality control where, if he's not happy with the finish, your wheels will go back again and again until they are perfect. 

I phoned my local OPC (Leicester) about a wheel re-furb some time ago and was told "Ah... you're in luck, our wheel man is here at the moment I'll ask the price. Their wheel man... Chris at Exel. I spoke to him later that day and he confirmed it was he they asked while he was there.

I seem to recall £650 for a set of four 20" Carrera S Platinums. A tricky  one due to the satin finish.

I have booked in with Chris, he's very knowledgeable and enthusiastic and can also source tyres cheaply as well. As my car has a warranty I am keen to keep N rated tyres, not much choice when you don't like F1's and Cups are a bit OTT....

Basically Michelin PS2 is the only choice (AFAIK) and Chris can source them for about £50 less than the closest online rival...and he comes to you and supplies loan wheels!

• 3 weeks later...

I've used Pristine before and they did a good job but several have recommended Chris at Exelwheels and as he comes to you and puts a set of loan wheels on I thought I would give it a try, he's also very competitive for tyres.

• 3 weeks later...

I work near Woburn and live near Buckingham so I used Pristine to take my GT3 wheels back to OEM spec and I can completely recommend them. They are perfect. A previous owner had made them anthracite (which looked hideous)...

IMG_7106.JPG

• Like 1