New member from BRighton

Jeron

• Administrators

Welcome!  Not a popular colour, I don't know why though as it looks really smart.  

Is that an E28 hiding behind the Cayman..?  :8:

On 21/10/2016 at 20:49, Beanoir said:

:welcome:

Get those PSS on and you'll love it! 

Why are you going for the Remus as a matter of interest?

From looking online the Remus seems to have a great sound to it. Miltek doesn't sound anywhere near as good from what I can tell and most other options are a fair bit more expensive, right?

• Founder
10 hours ago, Jeron said:

From looking online the Remus seems to have a great sound to it. Miltek doesn't sound anywhere near as good from what I can tell and most other options are a fair bit more expensive, right?

The Remus to be fair does seem to be the best of the obvious mid-market exhaust options, the Miltek is not great as you say.  

Personally i've gone with a Carnewal (always seem to be advertising it's virtues) which is great and good value.  There's some video footage on my thread in Members Cars section or if you're along for a meet then i'll happily demo.  

25 minutes ago, Beanoir said:

The Remus to be fair does seem to be the best of the obvious mid-market exhaust options, the Miltek is not great as you say.  

Personally i've gone with a Carnewal (always seem to be advertising it's virtues) which is great and good value.  There's some video footage on my thread in Members Cars section or if you're along for a meet then i'll happily demo.  

After research today I had actually switched over to the Carnewal! I've emailed them already actually. 

Do you have a rough idea of how much it cost for you to ship your original exhaust back to them?

• Founder
10 hours ago, Jeron said:

After research today I had actually switched over to the Carnewal! I've emailed them already actually. 

Do you have a rough idea of how much it cost for you to ship your original exhaust back to them?

I didn't have to send mine back as I wanted to keep my old exhausts and there isn't an exchange program for the CaymanR exhausts as they are different to the standard Cayman.  Gert purchased new CR exhausts from Germany and converted them, sent them over and Paragon in East Sussex fitted them for me.  Far more expensive way of doing things but still more cost effective than the PSE option from Porsche and sounds better (like a 964!)

So not much help I'm afraid, but it's well worth it :) 

7 hours ago, Beanoir said:

I didn't have to send mine back as I wanted to keep my old exhausts and there isn't an exchange program for the CaymanR exhausts as they are different to the standard Cayman.  Gert purchased new CR exhausts from Germany and converted them, sent them over and Paragon in East Sussex fitted them for me.  Far more expensive way of doing things but still more cost effective than the PSE option from Porsche and sounds better (like a 964!)

So not much help I'm afraid, but it's well worth it :) 

Appreciate the suggestion! My Carnewal will be with me Wednesday. Funny how excited you can get over loud noises isn't it!

Welcome along,

Good choice on the Carnewal I ended up going along the full custom route after a lot of time toying between the two. But Gert is tried and very much tested with his magical exhausts :) 

The 'exactly how i wanted it' factor is what really swayed it towards custom for me in the end and as Beanoir can probably vouch it is extremely loud so exactly what the doctor ordered.

Enjoy the complete transformation the Carnwel will have on your Cayman driving experience though :D 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Equinox said:

Welcome along,

Good choice on the Carnewal I ended up going along the full custom route after a lot of time toying between the two. But Gert is tried and very much tested with his magical exhausts :) 

The 'exactly how i wanted it' factor is what really swayed it towards custom for me in the end and as Beanoir can probably vouch it is extremely loud so exactly what the doctor ordered.

Enjoy the complete transformation the Carnwel will have on your Cayman driving experience though :D 

Can't wait! Had a look at your build thread - how do you find the upgraded steering wheel? The standard one really is very thin indeed! I think some Bilsteins may be next after the exhaust. It's the toss up of money spent vs. ripping it out for resale further down the line I guess!

1 hour ago, Jeron said:

Can't wait! Had a look at your build thread - how do you find the upgraded steering wheel? The standard one really is very thin indeed! I think some Bilsteins may be next after the exhaust. It's the toss up of money spent vs. ripping it out for resale further down the line I guess!

Yeh easily one of the best mods I have ever had done tbh, as far to say on any car I've had. Work carried out by Royal Steering Wheels and the quality, price and service where top notch. 

I would happily recommend his services to anyone looking for a re-trimmed interior.

• Founder
2 hours ago, Equinox said:

Yep, your man here has a LOUD pipe for sure :8:

Mine growls just a bit more than the PSE and just enough to annoy the neighbours on a cold start :) 

Interesting what you guys say about the Miltek as mine came with Miltek from purchase and I think it sounds excellent not at all droney on motorways but has a nice deep tone and makes a wonderful howl at higher revs. I certainly wont be changing it anytime soon

• Founder

Nothing wrong with a Miltek per se, but it's not to everybody's taste and does dilute the raw sound of the engine a bit.  It doesn't sound bad though to be fair to it.  

The Carnewal gives a more angry sounding rawer noise rather than a deeper note you get from the Miltek. 

But it the difference is noticeable 

Miltek

Carnewal (my car) 

• Like 1

Good vids although i have to say my Miltek sounds much nicer than the one in the vid, maybe i have aftermarket headers i don't know but it certainly sounds a lot nicer than that but i guess its down to the owners perception. Try to listen to a few different exhausts in the flesh rather than vids that way you will know for sure what you want.

• Like 1

• Founder
9 hours ago, scoobytc said:

Good vids although i have to say my Miltek sounds much nicer than the one in the vid, maybe i have aftermarket headers i don't know but it certainly sounds a lot nicer than that but i guess its down to the owners perception. Try to listen to a few different exhausts in the flesh rather than vids that way you will know for sure what you want.

Lol, I've heard lots in the flesh chief ;) 

Just posted a few up for the thread :)