Retro fit Sport Exhaust

magic8080

1 hour ago, magic8080 said:

Hi Guys,

Has anyone had a retro-fitted PSE (Porsche Sport Exhaust)?

My 2.7 base has a standard oval one

It can be done, but it's not cheap! 

• Like 1

• Founder

No you can have it shipped here and fit yourself which is pretty straightforward or have it fitted at a garage.  

If you have a Porsche warranty it may not be a wise idea but otherwise it's a Porsche exhaust just with some tinkering done inside of it.  Far more cost effective than the PSE and sounds better too.  Not switable but £1,500 cheaper... 

Love the sound of mine and Gert is a great guy and very well respected in Porsche circles.  

Have you test driven one? I had a courtesy car with it and it gave me a headache. Boxster, hood up, admittedly.

I'd go try one first.

Sport tailpipe is plenty loud enough for me... but I'm old.

• Founder
12 hours ago, Bushman said:

does anybody know exactly what Gert does inside the cans?

He keeps it relatively secret and rightly so , but I'm guessing he probably removes/bypasses some of the material that deadens the sound.  

• Like 1

I have had the PSE fitted to my 981S and I absolutely love it. The pops and bangs are brilliant but can turn it off if I want to be quiet.

I had it done at Solihull Porsche centre. The cost was £2000 fitted which I think was reasonable with all the electrics included.

They had the car for 2 days and gave me a brand new Boxster as a courtesy car :-) 

I needed to keep my warranty which made the decision for me.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, magic8080 said:

Just waiting for OPC Cambridge to get back to me, I believe that they have a offer on at the moment. That and Christmas is around the corner :577452c0a37b0_smiley-emoticon-1961-carbrands-porsche:

Have you test driven one with PSE? 

afraid.jpg

Not a 981, I have a 718.

OPC have informed me that they have a 'special' offer on at the moment at it'll be £1996.

Probably wait till next year after the annual service (last one as its still under warranty) and after I've sold both my kidneys :sAng_banghead:

Stuart

defo going to save up and buy a second hand one, take it apart and remodel the insides. probably by replacing the baffle plates with perforated stainless tubes like a bike exhaust, the art will be to make it free flowing and deep sounding but not make it boomy and hollow

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2016 at 20:52, Bushman said:

defo going to save up and buy a second hand one, take it apart and remodel the insides. probably by replacing the baffle plates with perforated stainless tubes like a bike exhaust, the art will be to make it free flowing and deep sounding but not make it boomy and hollow

I have my old exhaust if you are interested in it?

Jenny

• Like 1