Should I?

SteveS

Just been to see a nice Cayman S, 07 plate with 67k.

its been looked after, the bodywork and interior is perfect, 12 months mot and regularly serviced.

i noticed a bit of white smoke on start up for a few minutes, then it stopped and ran well.

should I be concerned or is that normal?

asking price is 15,750, high or ok?

thanks and hoping for advice.

• Founder

The white smoke on start up is fairly common, oil seeps through because of the flat layout of the cylinders, particularly if it's been sitting around not driven for a while.  If it continues for more than a few seconds it could point to an issue.  

Price sounds about right.  

Much more info on spec?

I listened and didn't hear anything that sounded wrong. We took it out for a decent run and then the owner took my wife out and I watched and listened, trying to remain impartial. 

He is happy for an independent mechanic to look over the car and seems very genuine.

Ideally I'd offer 500 under his asking price and see the reaction.

Ha! Ha! 

Well done!

Grandads rule the world. 

Did you know the average age of a Porsche owner is 66. So you are in good company!!!

Like you, mine  was a lifelong wait. Enjoy the car. They are the best. 

(Kids and families are great, but they do get in the way of buying cars when you are younger ????)

Have fun

6 hours ago, Caymanwhite said:

Ha! Ha! 

Well done!

Grandads rule the world. 

Did you know the average age of a Porsche owner is 66. So you are in good company!!!

Like you, mine  was a lifelong wait. Enjoy the car. They are the best. 

(Kids and families are great, but they do get in the way of buying cars when you are younger ????)

Have fun

Thanks will do. Still got 12 years to be the average age of a Porsche driver, thankfully.