Damn British weather...

I've had my Cayman for just over a month now, and as yet I've not seen it under a blue sky or with more than a hint of sun glimmering off the body. I've spent hours polishing the car and I'm desperate to what it looks like in all its glory...

I've been working from home today and around lunchtime I noticed that things looked pretty clear outside, so as soon as I was able I went outside to clean the car (it was pretty filthy with all the rain of late). By the time I'd finished cleaning the car and drying it off the clouds had returned. UNBELIEVABLE!! 

I've waited all afternoon for another decent break in the clouds and although I've seen blue sky, the sun has remained firmly shut away. I've tried to create a bit of extra shine by adding a vivid colour filter, but it's just not the same. I can't wait for summer...IMG_1358b.jpg.64fd8e86c733669b34cc84ec964e089a.jpgIMG_1378b.jpg.05236d1d4b7565b43bf337e6fd3a7824.jpgIMG_1380.JPG.eeea20f6ea395f758d9b3337153b3c2e.JPG

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, crafty1 said:

Car looks great and I feel your pain, I bought mine in January and yet to drive it on a dry road ! 

Thanks! I'm fortunate enough to have had the opportunity for a couple of drives on a dry road, but they have been few and far between... Roll on the summer!

Have you posted any pics of your car yet?

Edited by Andy L
typo

Washed mine for the SS meet and so far every time I've taken it out it's been dry, including a 100 mile trip today. :tongueanimated:

My TTS was black and it peed me off no end when I'd washed it and the next time I drove it the rain came down.

I'll NEVER have a black car again!!

get out there and just drive it,!! I'm sure that Ferdinand made it to be waterproof and work in the dribble. its easier to find the cars comfortable limits in the wet and at lower speed , so go and get used to the back end breaking loose and spinning up and build your confidence up dealing with it. enjoy the luxury of really good heated seats and a sound system loud enough to drown out the rain but not the exhaust note.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bushman said:

get out there and just drive it,!! I'm sure that Ferdinand made it to be waterproof and work in the dribble. its easier to find the cars comfortable limits in the wet and at lower speed , so go and get used to the back end breaking loose and spinning up and build your confidence up dealing with it. enjoy the luxury of really good heated seats and a sound system loud enough to drown out the rain but not the exhaust note.  

Couldn't agree more! I'm out in my car as often as possible, it gets cleaned weekly because it's more often that not filthy dirty. I just want to see how good the car looks in full sunlight... ?

• Like 1

Im looking forward to the weekend, whatever the weather I will be going out. Part of the fun of ownership of a sports car is cleaning it after.

Do agree though that I want to see the car in the sun light, moon light and any light other than grey.

You're right Andy, I think our cars are almost identical.

• Like 1

I too am looking forward to the weekend, I pick up my Cayman!

Would I rather be picking it up during a period of good weather with dry roads? You bet, but will it happen? Unlikely!

However, the post below from Bushman sums it up, it isn't going to spoil the experience!

11 hours ago, Bushman said:

• Like 1

Just now, crafty1 said:

So far only the pics from the supplying dealer but will get some more on a sunny day

1479922081_img_2052.jpg.f88a41b9e7ccabcf44f7066b55ae1586.jpg1479922096_img_2053.jpg.1299679a55007343b74dd7d6c09f64eb.jpg1479922114_img_2054.jpg.76863bd2015741fc7bb5dd966d89cb39.jpg

Looks good, love the wheels.

• Like 1

Looks really nice. And I agree with Steve on the wheels they look clean and modern. How did you find Ashgood? I noticed they had some nice looking gen 2 cars at reasonable prices when I was looking. They were just that bit too far away for me to go and pay them a visit though.

Agree with all the above comments, lovely! Some of the nicest wheels around and really do suit the car, as an added bonus they look pretty easy to clean with good access.

Thanks Guys, I'll do a proper write up on members cars. Ashgood were fine to deal with, car had a few issues but they sorted them without issue. 

Edited by crafty1