987 Grease on side window

• Founder

I keep getting a grey/white smear on the inside of the front windows on my Cayman, its dry but looks like really bad condensation.  I can clean it off ok but it comes back eventually. 

Anybody got any ideas? 

Mine does this too - I Googled it a few weeks ago and it seems that the grease from the window mechanism gets into the felt seal which then wipes it onto the glass.

It's pretty annoying but it seems to be a case of 'they all do that, sir' unfortunately with no easy fix.

I noticed this on mine a week or so ago. It's just the first 2-3 inches on the driverside window. I cleaned it off on Saturday and it's not come back so far...

mine does it too, worse now I had to have a new cable fitted as the old one snapped in the ice as it had not been greased properly and had corroded badly. I can live with cleaning the glass once a month, cheaper than another mech repair.