Battery Recommendations

PhilCS

I'm going to get a new battery for the Cayman, hopefully today at ECP as there is a sale on and pre-empt any cold weather bother given it's still the original battery in the car and i've heard they can be a bit rubbish.  

What batteries do people use, stick with the Porsche unit or go for a Bosch or something else?  

I fitted a Bosch to my old Boxster and to my CR. Much better battery and comes with 5 year guarantee. The Porsche Moll battery is expensive and prone to failures.

• Founder
1 hour ago, PR36 said:

Thumbs up for the bosch from me. The stock battery failed on me right in rush hour on a main high st, i gots lots of jeers from white van man. Not pleasant.

Nothing more satisfying than a Porsche on the side of the road...  

Bosch all the way! 

• Founder
12 hours ago, PhilCS said:

Any difference between the blue and the silver Bosch batteries I should be aware of?  (aside from £25)  

Just go with the Silver one, longer guarantee and its silver! 

Use the the voucher code XMAS for more discount at the moment.  

Sorry to hijack the thread a little. Coming for a one series where the battery had to be coded(in essence reset the smart charge cycle from the alternator) does a 2006 Cayman require any coding when you change the battery or do you just remove the old one and replace with the new one. 

Is is there any procedures that need to be carried out post battery replacement. 

• Like 1

On 21 December 2015 at 16:47, markbarry1977 said:

Sorry to hijack the thread a little. Coming for a one series where the battery had to be coded(in essence reset the smart charge cycle from the alternator) does a 2006 Cayman require any coding when you change the battery or do you just remove the old one and replace with the new one. 

Is is there any procedures that need to be carried out post battery replacement. 

Generally you should not suffer any issues replacing the battery and there's no procedure as such, the only issues I've heard of are with the OBC sometimes. If you have a battery conditioner that can act as the supply whilst you switch over then that will negate any issues.

On 21 December 2015 at 16:47, markbarry1977 said:

Have taken my battery out quite a few times. There is no procedure other than to connect and reconnect the terminals in the right sequence. Thing to note is you will get a PSM failure warning when you start up. This is normal and goes away after a short while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PR36 said:

Have taken my battery out quite a few times. There is no procedure other than to connect and reconnect the terminals in the right sequence. Thing to note is you will get a PSM failure warning when you start up. This is normal and goes away after a short while.

So so there is no procedure for re-activating the remote central locking like there is for if you don't use the remote central locking for 7 days. 

Thanks for info very helpful. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...