Newbie with a Cayman R

Cayman R Paul

Hi Paul,

The 981 CS PDK is for me a much better car, I have put a few thoughts in http://www.caymanoc.com/forums/topic/993-cr-to-cs-pdk/

Happy to meet up and have a run out ... 

I was over in Oban this time last month, took a run around Loch Leven ... a superb experience !

I too am considering the PS4S, I have 20" rims for which they have just become available in N0. OPC fitted prices are some £250 per set above others !

I haven't read your thread in detail but had a quick skim.  Some interesting observations. I'd be up for a run out sometime.... possibly when there is less ice about!  My street is lethal today.  Glad of my Mondeo daily and its winter tyres!

I see from the other thread you had Cup 2s on your R. Did you ever use these on the road in the wet?  I am curious how they'd be. I don't drive it much in bad weather so they might be an option if I don't want a 2nd set of wheels for N rated ones.

OK Paul, drop me a line when you`re ready to run out. Several of us local PCGB members are pretty active throughout the Winter, we have run out in all conditions. The CR on PS2`s coped extremely well on ice and snow, so did a GT3RS on Cup 2`s !!! 

I still have the Cup 2`s, on a spare set of original CR wheels. I used them on the PCGB Anglesey track day last May and for the few months on the road until I changed to the 981 CS last July. They are OK in the wet, being mindful to warm them up first, I would have no issues running them as daily`s ... I must get a GT car then ;) 

Cup 2 N rating is only available for the front 235/35 x 19`s though. You are welcome to borrow the set of Cup 2`s to try out if you wish, can fit them here. 

• Founder
On 30/11/2017 at 15:10, Cayman R Paul said:

Cheers guys.  The pic was taken by a pro.  He took a few,  Another attached.

I'm pretty sure I remember that Andrew.  How are you finding the replacement for your R?

2.jpg

Khalid used to attend the local PH meet just up the road to me, he took a couple of mine when I first got it too.  

I’ve gotten to know a couple of well known automotive snappers recently, I particulalry admire George’s work (GFWillams).   

Nice photos! 

And welcome!!! 

On 12/1/2017 at 15:00, Mk1 said:

OK Paul, drop me a line when you`re ready to run out. Several of us local PCGB members are pretty active throughout the Winter, we have run out in all conditions. The CR on PS2`s coped extremely well on ice and snow, so did a GT3RS on Cup 2`s !!! 

I still have the Cup 2`s, on a spare set of original CR wheels. I used them on the PCGB Anglesey track day last May and for the few months on the road until I changed to the 981 CS last July. They are OK in the wet, being mindful to warm them up first, I would have no issues running them as daily`s ... I must get a GT car then ;) 

Cup 2 N rating is only available for the front 235/35 x 19`s though. You are welcome to borrow the set of Cup 2`s to try out if you wish, can fit them here. 

Cheers Andrew, I will definitely let you know.  Had the car out yesterday.  Roads seemed an interesting mix of surprisingly grippy in places and surprisingly slippery in others!  Might have some time this weekend if that worked.  If not probably into the new year by the time the Christmas season has died down.

I suspect I know the GT3RS you're talking about.  The one that's becoming a 2RS per chance?

Ah OK, so Cup 2s aren't the answer.  Two sets of wheels it is.  I may well take you up on that kind offer.  Thanks.  I also am wondering if that's a set of wheels you may be interested in selling at some point?  (Hope that's not breaching any forum rules asking!)

On 12/1/2017 at 16:29, Beanoir said:

Khalid used to attend the local PH meet just up the road to me, he took a couple of mine when I first got it too.  

I’ve gotten to know a couple of well known automotive snappers recently, I particulalry admire George’s work (GFWillams).   

Nice photos! 

And welcome!!! 

Khalid took a selection of pics of the car.  He's very good!  I follow GFWilliams on Instagram.  As you say, some excellent work!

3 hours ago, Cayman R Paul said:

Cheers Andrew, I will definitely let you know.  Had the car out yesterday.  Roads seemed an interesting mix of surprisingly grippy in places and surprisingly slippery in others!  Might have some time this weekend if that worked.  If not probably into the new year by the time the Christmas season has died down.

I suspect I know the GT3RS you're talking about.  The one that's becoming a 2RS per chance?

Ah OK, so Cup 2s aren't the answer.  Two sets of wheels it is.  I may well take you up on that kind offer.  Thanks.  I also am wondering if that's a set of wheels you may be interested in selling at some point?  (Hope that's not breaching any forum rules asking!)

OK Paul, I will message you my mobile number.

Roads ... oh, yes, have had a few challenging / surprising moments. Not sure if I am missing the CR`s LSD ? 

GT3RS ... c/w Sharkwerks exhaust :Banane21:; had heard that it was `moving on`.

Wheels ... yes, I would consider an offer. As they stand ... Silver c/w 5mm tread all round, non N rated, I do have another front pair with 5mm that are N rated (one has puncture repair).