New Member - New Car!!

SteveM

Really like the look of the Black Edition.  Never paid attention, but the rear wing looks to be the same wing used on the Cayman R.  Anyone know if it's the same part number?

My spoiler is the standard one - I just like the look when it's raised!!

I share your liking for the R fixed rear spoiler though and there's  a BE with one fitted on Autotrader - looks good so will fit.

Great looking Cayman!

I tend to run around day to day with my spoiler raised. It makes the rear end look more complete, although I feel a bit of a k**b sometimes. Plus, it won't then lift up at over a certain speed - which is a good thing (think about it...).

Spoiler up looks good. Mine doesn't seem to sit down as low as I think it should.

OPC have looked at it twice, and seem to think it's ok. So I tend to leave it up now

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Spoiler up looks good. Mine doesn't seem to sit down as low as I think it should.

OPC have looked at it twice, and seem to think it's ok. So I tend to leave it up now

Same on mine, same on all of them! My OPC went round their stock to check and all were around the same height closed. They don't really sit flush with the line in the lights, whatever the brochure says!

Thanks all for the warm welcome and all the comments!

I am a biker as well and love my BMW S1000R nearly as much as the BE  - on the right day you can't beat a fast ride out thought!!  Off to the IOM TT this year on the BM but would love to take the Porsche over one day - can imagine the unrestricted mountain course and roads over there would really suit a Cayman.

Here's a little vid I did on the mountain a few years ago. For the record we had full permission to speed as the route had been derestricted and made one way/ http://youtu.be/qiCeigxNBjI

Edited by Red Square Images