Finally got a Cayman at last !

Nice one. Are you going to add some CR side decals? I just expect every white Cayman 987 to have them now!

Would be good if you could be a little more specific about your location too - "England" is a big place. Or are you trying to hide from us?

When do you collect her?

Hi, I'm not sure about the side decals, I might add them at some stage but it's not top of the list.  

Don't collect her till next week so a bit of a wait.  She's going in for a service (with brake fluid & MOT) today at Byfleet Porsche so I won't have to worry about any of that for a while. 

I'm thinking of fitting a factory SSK and possibly replacing the water pump as I've heard that these can fail as early as 50k.  I like a bit of preventative maintenance!

Thanks guys....I really can't wait.  First thing is to get it home for a nice big cleaning session which could take up to a week in between work !  It's already clean but there's always room for improvment

Full machine polish and paint protection

Leather deep clean and condition with gliptone

Wheels off arch clean, detail and protection, nano sealant on wheels, detail and protect calipers

I'm sure there will be a few other bits but that should keep me out of trouble!

• Founder
11 hours ago, jmcc42uk said:

Thanks guys....I really can't wait.  First thing is to get it home for a nice big cleaning session which could take up to a week in between work !  It's already clean but there's always room for improvment

Full machine polish and paint protection

Leather deep clean and condition with gliptone

Wheels off arch clean, detail and protection, nano sealant on wheels, detail and protect calipers

I'm sure there will be a few other bits but that should keep me out of trouble!

Nice work! What do you use on the paint? 

Talking of paint protection, I recently switched to Autoglym Car Shampoo & Conditioner as my general car wash. Before taking my wife's black A3 to get some new tyres I gave it a wash with this (in the rain, holding an umbrella!) and was amazed when afterwards it beaded up really well. It had Autoglym protection when new 3+ years ago but hadn't done this before with the old Turtle Wax shampoo.

Incidentally, washing in the rain is great as you have a constant rinse off!

As a polish I've used Autoglym Super Resin Polish for many years, although their expensive High Definition Wax is supposedly even better.

Hi Guys, 

Was away for a few days there....hopefully picking the car up tomorrow.  

As for detailing, I am going to have a look at the paint first and see if there are any bad defects.  When I saw the car in the showroom it looked quite good but obviously you need to look at it under the right lighting.  

Providing there are no serious defects, the following steps will be carries out -:

- Wash using two buckets

- Fallout remover (Iron X removes tar, tree sap, brake dust and other contaminants that stick to your paint without you being able to see them)

- Rinse

- Claybar with Johnsons baby shampoo (no need to spend money on dedicated clay lubricant)

- Wash again

- Machine with Chemical Guys pads and Poorboys Blackhole glaze

- Two coats of Collinite 476s paste wax.

- Aerospace 303 protectant on all black trim and rubbers

After that I will be taking the wheels off and detailing the arches, calipers, wheels etc.

23 minutes ago, PorscheGT4 said:

great car and hard to find. it's NOT a girl though, I never get the "her/she"  posts though it's a car !

Have fun, looks a great car. 

Neither are bikes, airplanes, boats, musical instruments, tornados, etc....but they all get called she.      It's a fairly common place thing to do, relax :) 

Edited by DKR_77
  • Like 1

• Founder
2 hours ago, jmcc42uk said:

Hi Guys, 

Was away for a few days there....hopefully picking the car up tomorrow.  

As for detailing, I am going to have a look at the paint first and see if there are any bad defects.  When I saw the car in the showroom it looked quite good but obviously you need to look at it under the right lighting.  

Providing there are no serious defects, the following steps will be carries out -:

- Wash using two buckets

- Fallout remover (Iron X removes tar, tree sap, brake dust and other contaminants that stick to your paint without you being able to see them)

- Rinse

- Claybar with Johnsons baby shampoo (no need to spend money on dedicated clay lubricant)

- Wash again

- Machine with Chemical Guys pads and Poorboys Blackhole glaze

- Two coats of Collinite 476s paste wax.

- Aerospace 303 protectant on all black trim and rubbers

After that I will be taking the wheels off and detailing the arches, calipers, wheels etc.

Great plan!  

I've recently converted to Collinite's 845 Insulator Wax, seems to last really well between applications and good for the winter.