Insurance provider recommendations

DJF88

Hi Fellow owners,

Hope all are enjoying fantastic driving weather.

Need some advice please - Insurance due for my 2012 2.9 PDK and was wondering if anyone had found any insurance  providers other than Locktons that provide good rates and good cover

Appreciate some recommendations please

Thanks

DJF88

I've always insured my Porsches through Porsche Insurance, although that doesn't officially exist anymore - it's just Aviva through Marsh brokers now. 

Reason was that they guaranteed genuine Porsche parts for any repairs, threw in a couple of track days a year for free and were generally as competitive as anyone else. 

Not sure if point one is still true, so may look around next year. I hear good things about Competition Car Insurance, in terms of bundled track day cover, but I guess that's only a consideration if you track your car. 

3 hours ago, Draven said:

I've always insured my Porsches through Porsche Insurance, although that doesn't officially exist anymore - it's just Aviva through Marsh brokers now. 

Reason was that they guaranteed genuine Porsche parts for any repairs, threw in a couple of track days a year for free and were generally as competitive as anyone else. 

Not sure if point one is still true, so may look around next year. I hear good things about Competition Car Insurance, in terms of bundled track day cover, but I guess that's only a consideration if you track your car. 

... it`s not, Porsche changed providers (from Marsh) last year. However, Marsh will (via Aviva in my case) still provide the same cover for the same cost ! 

Manning. 

Includes unlimited U.K. track day cover (so long as an ATDO registered operator - eg MSV). 

I’m 45, >10yrs NCB, no points, 1 own-fault car park dink of an accident 2 years ago, <7000 miles per annum (only social, domestic and pleasure - no commuting) and garaged over night = ~£450 annual premium. 

Hi Windymiller,

thanks for info - I did speak to them, however the quote was extortionate compared to current provider, in comparison to your details, I’m 51 no claims over 10years ncb etc etc etc  £758 quoted its only a 2.9 pdk

I’ll carry on looking

12 hours ago, DJF88 said:

Hi Windymiller,

thanks for info - I did speak to them, however the quote was extortionate compared to current provider, in comparison to your details, I’m 51 no claims over 10years ncb etc etc etc  £758 quoted its only a 2.9 pdk

I’ll carry on looking

Ouch!

are you parked on the road and commuting in yours?  Also limited mileage helps reduce the premium. ?

Good luck looking. ??

Only wish that was the reason,

off road in driveway and social only and asked for no track days only way it came down was <3000 miles a year

weird

Hi all

Thanks for recomendations

all sorted - went with NFU.  Very professional and offered everything I wanted and with a lower price than my current provider.

Happy motoring

D

• 4 weeks later...

I’m looking. Problem I’ve got is I’m in NI and half the insurance firms are in the dark ages and won’t insure as they think it’s still like the old days ?.

was with Aviva personal clients through a broker, but the broker has split from using Aviva. Other annoying thing is I had a windscreen claim last year. My renewal from the broker was with ABC Liverpool Victoria and it’s nearly a grand!

Im shopping around but it’s proving difficult.

56 minutes ago, PMGPete said:

Try Greenlight Will. They are great for us here in NI.

Have the wife insured on the M3 with flux too and they were very competitive

Smashing mate, I’ll give them a buzz.