Passenger Window switch?

Ben

Hi all, discovered today that my passenger side window switch isn't working. The window motor seems to be fine as it can be operated as normal via the passenger window switch on the drivers side. I'm thinking this may be related to my removing the door panel a few weeks ago to fix the leaking door issue, but before I remove the panel for the third time in as many weeks to check the electrics, is there anything else I should try? I've read about a window reset procedure but that seems to be in relation to the window not going back to the right position. Any advice greatly received! 

Cheers 

Ben 

• Founder

You’re button has to be working to do the reset procedure! 

Has it worked since you took the door card off?  I’d put my money on the switch being the fault, happened on my gen1 

1 hour ago, Beanoir said:

You’re button has to be working to do the reset procedure! 

Has it worked since you took the door card off?  I’d put my money on the switch being the fault, happened on my gen1 

I'm not really sure to be honest, it definitely was working before I removed the door card and I probably tested the operation after reassembly using the drivers side switch. Which with hindsight probably wasn't a great idea!! 

Did you have to replace the whole switch assembly on your car in the end? Was it a major job? 

• Founder
9 hours ago, Ben said:

I'm not really sure to be honest, it definitely was working before I removed the door card and I probably tested the operation after reassembly using the drivers side switch. Which with hindsight probably wasn't a great idea!! 

Did you have to replace the whole switch assembly on your car in the end? Was it a major job? 

Yes it’s the whole assembly, but it’s fairly straightforward.  Parts aren’t cheap if you buy new, so make sure it is the switch first.  

• Like 1

On 21/01/2019 at 12:14, Ben said:

Thanks Nick. I'm on my way to Belgium at the moment to get my GT exhaust fitted but when I get back it'll be the next thing on the list to investigate! 

...How's the exhaust?!

It's superb! Just driven from ghent to calais and the sound is something else, particularly the pops and burbles on the overrun! 😁 Gert is a great guy and we had a fantastic time. 

Will post a few pics when back in the UK! 

• Like 1

Really interested to see how it sounds. I have porsche sports exhaust on my base Cayman and wonder wha the difference would be. 

• 2 weeks later...

luckily it turned out to be a loose connection causing the electric window gremlins. All sorted now, although I really need to find somewhere that supplies decent door panel clips, the replacement ones I bought from eBay aren't up to much! 

• Like 1