Set of track day wheels and tyres (R888R)

twopointnine

Twickenham’s not so far from me if you want to look at them Dougie.

Sam, I didn’t have any problems with the 30 profile but as I said I only did approaching 50 road miles. It will make a slight difference to the speedo reading but that’s not something I have time to look at during a hillclimb. The most noticeable difference with the R888Rs is the lack of rim protection compared with Michelin Pilot Sport.

This is what I was told when I bought them last year.......

”There was a small professional weld repair on one of the rear wheels when I bought it, but it currently shows no sign of cracking or any fatigue. I did ask my wheel man why it wasn’t ground flush to be cosmetically better and he quite rightly advised it’s far stronger raised and you can’t see it anyway – sounded like a decent response to me.”

I didn’t experience any balance issue with the little use I’ve had but I’m happy to get that wheel checked/balanced again prior to sale.

• 1 month later...

These wheels and tyres are still available, price reduced to £750 to Cayman Owners Club members.

Cash on collection, if you’re not too far away I may be able to deliver or meet halfway.

Message me if interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Still for sale, my set of 4 Porsche Turbo style (replica) 19" alloy wheels with excellent Toyo R888R tyres. Go back to my first post for photographs, better still come and inspect them yourself.

Wheel sizes: front 8.5J x 19 ET57 and rear 9.5J x 19 ET46. Tyre sizes:front 235/35 ZR19 (93Y) and rear 265/30 ZR19 89Y. Date codes: front 4116 and rear 4416.

I bought these wheels in 2018 from a Porsche owner who had only done a few hundred road miles on them and no track use. I've done no more than 50 road miles and one hillclimb so still looking pretty much like new. A change of plan for this year means I no longer need them. The wheels themselves are in good enough condition for track work but would need refurbishing if you were entering a concours competition. One wheel has had a small weld repair. Additional photographs can be provided on request.

The centre caps are included in the sale.

I have used these wheels on a 987.2 Cayman, they should fit other Cayman or Boxster models and maybe some other Porsches, you should verify this yourself.

Offered at £750 or best offers considered.

Collection from Southampton/Salisbury area, if you want to arrange a courier I will wrap them as best I can (Paisley Freight will courier them for about £50 the set).

P1010225.JPG

• 1 month later...