Fed Up.....

This is my 987, up fpr sale at my place of work, Just cant understand why we have had so many timewasters looking at it?? Dont get me wrong we have had some sensible people but mainly just timewasters, The car is totally genuine and mint so i cant see any reason its not sold any ideas??? thanks in advance...Guy

https://www.lutterworthford.co.uk/used-cars/search/?make[]=Porsche&finance[]=price&budget-program[]=pcp&section[]=78481&per_page=24&order=price&pageId=572416

Is it being sold by you privately or through the Ford Dealership?

Will there be any dealer warranty?

It seems priced ok for a low mileage 2.7 but maybe potential buyers are looking at spending that kind of dollar on a gen1 3.4S :35_thinking:

Maybe putting people off being punted on a Ford forecourt? 

Edited by Mavrik

• Administrators

Nothing wrong with it, the price is about right for the mileage and what looks to be pretty good condition.  Spec is ok, but the colour is a bit niche and that is likely why it'll be a slow sale. Assuming it has a decent service history and things like brakes etc aren't close to needing to be done, those kinds of things will make buyers nervous.

It's at a tricky price/age point, because for not much more you could get into a Gen II 2.9 and that will appeal to many buyers, even if it means taking a higher mileage car.  

It will sell in time though, looks a great car 

• Like 1

It is in totally perfect condition with full history, brakes are perfect as are the tyres, inside it still smells new. Its for sale at the ford dealer I work for with warranty, It also has nav and sports chrono with carbon trim. all factory standard. The only reason its for sale is i have bought a 981, will just have to sit and wait i suppose, Just never have had so many time wasters on one car.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Gee1000 said:

It is in totally perfect condition with full history, brakes are perfect as are the tyres, inside it still smells new. Its for sale at the ford dealer I work for with warranty, It also has nav and sports chrono with carbon trim. all factory standard. The only reason its for sale is i have bought a 981, will just have to sit and wait i suppose, Just never have had so many time wasters on one car.

I think we'd all like to see the new one! 👍

It's not sold because it's at the absolute top end for a 2.7. How many buyers are going to look at yours and say for two grand less I can buy a 50k miles 3.4S in the colour I want? You're playing a waiting game looking for a very specific buyer who probably does exist, but it'll take time to find them.

Spec implies Cayman S which it is not! Red calipers, Cayman S door guards etc...

Would attract people thinking they are getting an S but then put them off.

Edited by Graham
Minor correction

Not sure what your saying? its not got red calipers or S badging?  or claiming to be an S in any way? just totally factory standard, not a mark on it? I drove many caymans including S models before setteling on this one (didnt choose an S with higher milage due to bore scoring issues) and an only selling due to a bargain 981 i couldnt say no to. 

58 minutes ago, Gee1000 said:

Not sure what your saying? its not got red calipers or S badging?  or claiming to be an S in any way? just totally factory standard, not a mark on it? I drove many caymans including S models before setteling on this one (didnt choose an S with higher milage due to bore scoring issues) and an only selling due to a bargain 981 i couldnt say no to. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

He's referring to the "Vehicle Features" tab listed on Lutterworth web page!

Just generic spec info I assume but doubt that is hindering a sale?

As said above it's at the high price point for a 2.7 despite its low mileage & niche colour.

I'm sure it'll sell eventually?

Looks a lovely car, but as the others have said, it will take a while to find someone who will pay a premium for the low mileage.

Most would rather have one with double the miles for half the price, and you can get a Gen II 2.9 for similar money.

there is probably many people who would like to own this class of car BUT less of those who have the money.....so you get all types looking at it.......welcome to dealing with the public on the retail level you never can tell who will buy it 

I think the colour is bonza (I’m biased :D). I have a yellow one but it’s not a stocker.

It’s low miles but gen 2 2.9 money I guess. Speed yellow has a healthy little following in Porsche buyers circles still.

i think the reasons are;-

uninspiring clinical description on a Ford dealer website 

Passing viewing trade given where it’s being advertised are prob a mixture of curious and day dreaming for a while.

It’s close to gen 2 money

its yellow and outside of a Porsche enthusiast audience a little too brave for most people 

It looks a really lovely car.  I reckon you’d punt it with more Porsche targeted audience and a better advert. Speed yellow is a rare colour. A manual Porsche is a sell point. It’s a fair price but I think unfortunately it’s suffering with the gen 2 overlap so might have to drop a peg or two. But then, someone looking for a speed yellow manual cayman might pay a little more. I did because that’s what I wanted.

Tried PH? Ashgood like the bright coloured Porsches  and would prob take it but of course you’ll loose more on the price.