ACF-50

Cito

http://www.acf-50.co.uk/automotive.htm

Someone of you know/use this product?

I read somewhere that is great underneath the car as a protection before the winter.

It helps to keep the car rust free and should prevent bolts to block (I am thinking about the exhaust bolts). 

Maybe it is worth to use it... 

@Cito ACF-50 is commonly used in the biking world... I use it on my Honda CBR1000rr Fireblade HRC track bike... Was originally developed for use in aviation & is good for protecting areas that are prone to water spray etc... However, I doubt it will inhibit the exhaust manifold/mounting bolts from deteriorating... Some folk say that replacing the stock bolts for SS ones will help but ime it makes no difference (SS is significantly "softer" than high carbon mild steel anyhow & is more prone to shearing/galling)19093076_10209623157640753_9163278387819405573_o.jpg.8d8a053f35c67b37ab66169962fb3ff2.jpg

Edited by Mavrik

1 hour ago, Mavrik said:

@Cito ACF-50 is commonly used in the biking world... I use it on my Honda CBR1000rr Fireblade HRC track bike... Was originally developed for use in aviation & is good for protecting areas that are prone to water spray etc... However, I doubt it will inhibit the exhaust manifold/mounting bolts from deteriorating... Some folk say that replacing the stock bolts for SS ones will help but ime it makes no difference (SS is significantly "softer" than high carbon mild steel anyhow & is more prone to shearing/galling)19093076_10209623157640753_9163278387819405573_o.jpg.8d8a053f35c67b37ab66169962fb3ff2.jpg

Thank you Mavrik,

probably another application of this product could be under the mudguard. Under the wings, too protect them from the salt in winter.

p.s. Very nice bike though. It looks like a lot of fun.

Yes, no reason why you couldn't use ACF-50 for added corrosion protection 😊

Of course, assuming the underside/arches etc were clean.

Twice a year I put my S1 on stands & give it a good going over with a jet washer (good opportunity to apply some ACF-50, I guess!)

Edited by Mavrik