Speed Yellow Calipers

Ben

Look really nice mate, did they have to remove the calipers to do this and re-bleed the brakes ? or can they be done without having to totally remove the calipers ?

Regards

Ray

They look really great Ben ! Colour looks really well too. An inspired choice i'd say.....

Calipers on my 2.7 are black. Anodised if i'm not mistaken. Yours look like they were 'natural' aluminium ?

A huge improvement either way. Great job 😎

Edited by sevenfourate

17 hours ago, C9YMAN said:

Look really nice mate, did they have to remove the calipers to do this and re-bleed the brakes ? or can they be done without having to totally remove the calipers ?

Regards

Ray

Thanks Ray, the calipers were resprayed whilst still on the car, they did a very good job of masking them up!  Was a speedy process as I dropped the car off in the morning and it was ready to collect 24 hours later.

16 hours ago, sevenfourate said:

They look really great Ben ! Colour looks really well too. An inspired choice i'd say.....

Calipers on my 2.7 are black. Anodised if i'm not mistaken. Yours look like they were 'natural' aluminium ?

A huge improvement either way. Great job 😎

Cheers mate, they were the standard 2.7 calipers, black and grey, but were faded so badly that anything would have been an improvement to be honest!  

• 11 months later...

I need to get mine resprayed but not many places that advertise they do it in Sussex / surroundings.

Ive found a place an hours drive that will spray on for £250 or £500 off both take 24 hours ish.

Cridfords are asking £480 inc vat to take off and spray. I also have a GT3 MC on the way but labour here is quite expensive.

Leaning toward the £250 spray on to be honest then use my local Indy to change the MC when brake fluid is due next year.

Looks good but tbh I have no idea why people pay to have this done? :35_thinking:

I did mine a couple months back (I used Brembo decals as the calipers are in fact Brembo, instead of the usual Porsche)

Key is in the prep.

The other issue is that on some forums the Porsche purists will lose their mofo minds spouting that painting yellow is an attempt to portray PCCB calipers etc etc 😄

I got ripped to shreds re my post about spraying my red S calipers yellow lol but imo the yellow goes well with the dark coachwork (mine is Lapis Blue)

20200805_074237_1596642410323g.jpg

20200615_122554g.jpg

Edited by Mavrik

1 hour ago, Mavrik said:

Looks good but tbh I have no idea why people pay to have this done? :35_thinking:

I did mine a couple months back (I used Brembo decals as the calipers are in fact Brembo, instead of the usual Porsche)

Key is in the prep.

The other issue is that on some forums the Porsche purists will lose their mofo minds spouting that painting yellow is an attempt to portray PCCB calipers etc etc 😄

I got ripped to shreds re my post about spraying my red S calipers yellow lol but imo the yellow goes well with the dark coachwork (mine is Lapis Blue)

20200805_074237_1596642410323g.jpg

20200615_122554g.jpg

If you've ever seen my work with a paintbrush I wouldn't want to use a spray can! Haha.

I get the emulation but I generally prefer the yellow over the red. Personal choice right!?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Mavrik said:

@jaketame

Did you end up getting the GT3 MC fitted? ... How about the calipers? :35_thinking: ... I notice you're only a few miles from me 😉

I haven't yet no, tyres needed doing and the family car got some bits needing to be replaced.

I brought the GT3 on AutoDoc for £93, they emailed me saying they don't have any stock and no timeframes. Turns out it was just a price hike and they couldn't commit to it at £93 (was delisted at £260) so its currently on back burner.

I am tempted to the spray on for £250. Its not a garage queen and is driven daily but can clearly see the poor callipers on the rear are chemical burned.

Ah yes, hadn't noticed that before! Drive about at some point