Wishbones on my cayman

smunns

i have just picked my car up from the garage and they are saying that the n/s/f wishbone needs changing and i have been looking but their is so many places to get them from, so has anyone got ideas of where i should get them?............

Edited by smunns

I tend to use Design 911 or Euro Car Parts for most parts.

I wouldn't overthink this to be honest, ECP are doing Meyle arms for about £135 each inc vat https://www.eurocarparts.com/suspension-arm-and-suspension-joints

Even eBay ones should be ok just o for a brand you have heard of :)

I bought Meyle rear coffin arms previously from:

https://www.frazerpart.com/

i found them to be cheaper than design911 (but then most places are incl. OPCs... 🤨).

as a brand, Meyle are very good quality aftermarket parts (I.e., manufactured in Europe, not cheap Chinese copies) - eg their coffin arms bushes have the same shore (stiffness) rating as the OEM, and in fact the centre bushing is slightly harder than OEM, which should provide greater component longevity. 

I replaced my coffin arms around April 2017, have done ~10 track days since and no signs/symptoms of bushing wear/deformation. 

There is Meyle app too that you can ID the part numbers from. 

I will certainly use Meyle parts again for ‘stock’ suspension/steering component replacements as and when they need doing. 

• 3 weeks later...

thanks very much for your replies but it looks like the garage that i tool my car to may telling me some lies because i have had it jacked up and their is nothing wrong with them so cleanly they wanted some money from me..........

11 hours ago, smunns said:

thanks very much for your replies but it looks like the garage that i tool my car to may telling me some lies because i have had it jacked up and their is nothing wrong with them so cleanly they wanted some money from me..........

What did the garage say was wrong with them?

They can look fine, i.e. no splitting of the bush or the rubber boot, but they can be worn inside. If they are you will get rattling over bumps at low speed.

Did the mean the front most link, commonly called the 'tuning fork' due to its shape, or the bottom arm, the 'coffin' arm?

I changed the 'tuning forks' on my 09 Cayman, as they were rattling after 54k miles, they 'looked' ok, but rattled like mad.