Cayman R

PorscheGT4

Seriously specific specification! 

Xenons - rare

PCCB - rare

full leather - rare

is there any way of finding out whether Porsche even made a car with this specific spec?

What you really want is a nice peridot car with full leather, buckets, spyders, Pse, SS... Best of luck with the hunt.

If if you get another R, what gives? Surely parking becomes a problem with such a fleet?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Red Square Images said:

I saw 23 cars in 10 months. 1 had PCCB's and they were screwed. 

even better, to get a massive discount off buying the car then, wanted PCCB spec for the PCCB hubs, 6 pot Calipers and MC system set up. I would swap the disks with 2 piece steel disks, to end up with a hard core brake set up.  other wise to upgrade brakes it's new hubs, 996 GT3 calipers, strip down system for PCCB MC install and you still have small rear disks !!

A PCCB car would get me 6 pots and 350MM disks all round on 2 piece race disks running endless me20 pads :-)

Edited by PorscheGT4

• Founder

The discs on the GT3 are bigger than the CR PCCB so you'd need to change the calipers.

Ball ache, if I had PCCB and had to change the rotors I'd probably go with a set of Alcons tbh.  

On 19 January 2016 at 00:08, Trickle said:

"Toys"....please do spill the beans on what these might be. :sCh_moped:

6 hours ago, PorscheGT4 said:

how would that save money ? and what would you fit to the rear of the R ?

PF cup set up would not go on the R !!!

Who said ANYTHiNG about saving money. What's stopping you fitting the cup car PF solution all round? Got to be cheaper than 8k plus of PCCB? And more effective? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Red Square Images said:

Who said ANYTHiNG about saving money. What's stopping you fitting the cup car PF solution all round? Got to be cheaper than 8k plus of PCCB? And more effective? 

why is it £8k   I am after a R with PCCB  already on, so it would be free !!! (ok so I would change disks so £2k) PF solution is a pants solution sorry !
are you NOT reading what I would do ?

In my opinion you don't need PCCB on the CR. I drove the PEC CR hack fitted with PCCB on Silverstone GP circuit a few years ago. Yes, the stoppers were good, but not £5k better than steel brakes.

My advice is swap the brake master cylinder to a 997 GT3 unit, fit Goodridge steel braided pipes, add a decent set of pads, Mintex are good I believe. Unless you're trying to outbreak Pastor Maldonado at the end of Hangar straight, the steel brakes with the aforementioned mods are perfectly good enough.

B.