987.1 / 2 Headlight trim - Group Buy interest ?

On 16/05/2020 at 12:46, sevenfourate said:

Look GREAT in that vid don't they Craig ! What colour would you be looking to go for ?

##Mmmm....one of the blacks......or anthracite maybe? Shame they don't show the colours as quoted....Green covers a fair range of colours!

Hi Syer,

I normally ship to the UK almost daily, via USPS. However, with all the COVID-19 precautions, international shipping has been experiencing long delays with USPS. UPS still ships pretty quickly, about 7 business days from USA to UK. However, UPS shipping costs are expensive. 

I’m suspecting as things are starting to open back up, we should be back to our regular international shipping routing soon. Hopefully within the next month. Normal cost is $65 for the kit, and $28 international shipping. UPS international is $48 shipping on one kit, and the price increases on packages over 1lb. 

If you would like to set up a group buy of 10 headlight kits, (left, right, and a squeegee) I can do $48.75 each, plus the actual shipping cost. Thats 25% off, plus what ever the saving in shipping comes to. I have done group buys to UK before. The down side is, if I ship them all in the same box, you will need to repackage them in new boxes to ship to your friends. So, that’s up to you. Let me know how I can be of service. 

I have them in gloss black, matte black, and metallic black. I like the metallic black on my 987.1 Cayman S:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koWyWk2oKEo

thanks,

Kyle Isbell

KI Studios

3 hours ago, Lennym1984 said:

I'm not sure that I can stomach paying $65 for a piece of vinyl so I may wait it out until the cheap ebay ones are back.

Well; $48.75 + Shipping. But yes: expensive for what it is for sure Lenny. imo too.

I'm happy to do whatever as not desperate. If that means going with the majority and waiting on the $28 (?) seller on ebay to come back online apre-COVID restrictions - then i'm good with that.......👍

On 26/05/2020 at 16:18, sevenfourate said:

Well; $48.75 + Shipping. But yes: expensive for what it is for sure Lenny. imo too.

I'm happy to do whatever as not desperate. If that means going with the majority and waiting on the $28 (?) seller on ebay to come back online apre-COVID restrictions - then i'm good with that.......👍

##Am happy to wait it out and join in with you fine fellows also

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jdavis8361 said:

Awhile back, I bought a pair of gloss black ones from Kyle for my black 987.1 and still remain pleased with them.

jD

THANKS for the positive product feedback !!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just as an update to this, I see that the cheaper ones are now back on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/722948880/porsche-boxster-cayman-987-headlight

Perhaps we could do a group buy and split the shipping and/or get a bulk discount. I've emailed the company to see what they say but if thosoe interested could reply (so I can gauge numbers) that would be great.

Leo

Edited by Lennym1984
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lennym1984 said:

Hi,

Just as an update to this, I see that the cheaper ones are now back on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/722948880/porsche-boxster-cayman-987-headlight

Perhaps we could do a group buy and split the shipping and/or get a bulk discount. I've emailed the company to see what they say but if thosoe interested could reply (so I can gauge numbers) that would be great.

Leo

Please can you ask they do it for 987.2? It would be Matt Black for me

They responded and said  that they would give a 15% discount. Making the total £25 plus shipping (and taxes I guess). Shipping would be ~£11.50 split between however many people want them.

Import duty is harder to judge as we may or may not get away with it. If we don't it could add around £29.50 plus handling fee (usually ~£10) to the total cost.

If we imagine worst case scenario and 5 sets in total, we'd be looking at ~£35 each.

Edited by Lennym1984

55 minutes ago, Lennym1984 said:

They responded and said  that they would give a 15% discount. Making the total £25 plus shipping (and taxes I guess). Shipping would be ~£11.50 split between however many people want them.

Import duty is harder to judge as we may or may not get away with it. If we don't it could add around £29.50 plus handling fee (usually ~£10) to the total cost.

If we imagine worst case scenario and 5 sets in total, we'd be looking at ~£35 each.

Forgot about this !

I’ll be number 1 🤣

On 03/07/2020 at 17:30, Lennym1984 said:

Okay that's 2 so far... Potentially 3 if they'll do one for the 987.2

##Count me in 987.1!

A guy on one of the Facebook groups (Jay Shoolman - Based in the USA - so prices in Dollars) also makes these. And has offered us the following price breaks for quantity:

5 pairs $25 (£19.75) each plus shipping, 10 pairs $22 (£17.35) plus shipping . I can supply for 987.1 only. My rings are in one piece. 

***I've now asked him about shipping costs 🙂 

Edited by sevenfourate
  • Like 1