Lowering driving position

Hi all, 

I have the sports seats with the manual height, fore/aft adjustment (electric tilt).  I was wondering if anyone has managed to get a seat/frame combo to get the seat any lower to the floor?  I'm 6'4 and have a long torso so whilst I do have enough head room, I would like to lower down a couple of inches just so I am completely ensconced.  

I have had a chat to my local Indy and GSM seating and they both think you can't get any lower than the standard set up!  Surely this can't be true?  I would assume fitting a bucket seat with side mounts would lower it further but I've had a look on various forums and cannot see any reference to it actually lowering the seating height.  Obviously I don't want to spend out if I won't really gain anything.  

Does anyone know if there is a solution? 

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, SugarPuffDaddy said:

Hi all, 

I have the sports seats with the manual height, fore/aft adjustment (electric tilt).  I was wondering if anyone has managed to get a seat/frame combo to get the seat any lower to the floor?  I'm 6'4 and have a long torso so whilst I do have enough head room, I would like to lower down a couple of inches just so I am completely ensconced.  

I have had a chat to my local Indy and GSM seating and they both think you can't get any lower than the standard set up!  Surely this can't be true?  I would assume fitting a bucket seat with side mounts would lower it further but I've had a look on various forums and cannot see any reference to it actually lowering the seating height.  Obviously I don't want to spend out if I won't really gain anything.  

Does anyone know if there is a solution? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi,

I've designed seat brackets that bolts to the floor.  @Equinox is 6"3 and loves them. Only problem they are designed for aftermarket bucket seats such as Sparco etc....

40 minutes ago, SugarPuffDaddy said:

Hi. Thank you for your reply. Are they for side mounts? How much lower than standard do you think they are? 

The lowering depends on which hole you chose on the brackets, they do go about 1.5 inches lower than stock. 

But again these are for bucket seats and you might not find them suitable for daily driving...

SEAT1.jpg

SEAT2.jpg

On 09/10/2020 at 18:54, Andrea said:

The lowering depends on which hole you chose on the brackets, they do go about 1.5 inches lower than stock. 

But again these are for bucket seats and you might not find them suitable for daily driving...

Do these bolt straight up tothe stock mounting points (looking at them it seems as though they will)?

7 minutes ago, Lennym1984 said:

Do these bolt straight up tothe stock mounting points (looking at them it seems as though they will)?

Hi Lennym, they bolt directly to the floor mounting holes on the floor yes. Once my car comes back from the shop I'll put them one again and show it properly. Alternatively here is a photo from @Equinox who uses them in his car since over a year now:

IMG-4207.png

8 hours ago, Edmundo2 said:

Have a look at Cobra Nogaro's. Need a similar mount but sides are cut away further so ok for daily. I'm bloody low in mine.. 

IMG_17712_96106075459909.JPEG

Mine is a weekend/track day car only so I'm not too worried about ease of access but that aside, the nogaro is one of my favourite designs. 

13 hours ago, Lennym1984 said:

Mine is a weekend/track day car only so I'm not too worried about ease of access but that aside, the nogaro is one of my favourite designs. 

Yes I like them as offer the right blend of hold vs practicality + they look oem, ( mine trimmed same as door cards/gaitor/wheel etc ). I've found adding some extra  high density foam behind the centres has helped with comfort..