Anyone used Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs?

Kdh

1204915986_ScreenShot2021-03-02at14_27_36.jpg.822ff56fb1932aea8bf409e4a240dea8.jpg

Hello all,

2008 Cayman 2.7 with 18" Cayman S wheels.

Looking to lower it (purely for looks) using Eibach Pro Lowering Springs which I've read shouldn't affect the ride quality - which I already find bordering on too hard. See last para.

Anyone tried them or have any other ideas?

cheers, Kim

Edited by Kdh

Any sport spring will be firmer than standard!

H&R is the generally best respected...

I have Vogtland springs on my 350z GT HR 313 and had Eibach b4 on on a BMW... Meh, H&R ftw...

Thanks. From Eastbourne!

Had H&R on another car and found them too tough.

Do you know if coilovers can give a better ride than standard while lowering at the same time?

Edited by Kdh

On 02/03/2021 at 16:55, Kdh said:

Thanks. From Eastbourne!

Had H&R on another car and found them too tough.

Do you know if coilovers can give a better ride than standard while lowering at the same time?

I had eibach progressive springs on my old Z3, they are brilliant. They are fairly supple for normal driving and firm up when you chuck the car through the twisties. 

I had H&R springs on my Z4 and didn't like them.

In my experience coilovers are great for track days but awful for road use, they can be really harsh. I had some  good quality 3 way adjustable Nitron coilovers fitted to my old VX220, even on the softest setting they were very "crashy" compared to OEM. If I wanted to lower my car purely for aesthetic reasons I'd use progressive springs. 

I’ve had Eibachs on 3 cars previously (All road use only) and loved them as a lowering upgrade on all. Also got on my current MX-5 daily ride.

I’ve got a set here waiting to go on my 987 in a few weeks and aren’t expecting any different.

Less body roll, firmer but more ‘supple’ and just genuinely a nice, sporty ride seems to be the generic Eibach traits.

• Like 1

Had the vogland springs fitted on my 987.1 2.7 with 18” wheels last week 

I’ve had the car for 2 years and I can’t tell any difference in the ride quality with the Voglands 

im really pleased as I got them in the sale at demon tweeks 

£350 fitting though which I was ok with 

sits lovely 

Scott

4007D83E-4DA3-4E30-B0B7-7A4420F95DE4.jpeg

• Like 1

I had some Bilstein b16 coilovers fitted to my 7.5 Golf R.

They transformed the car, stopped all the poor damping control and crashing out on undulations. Ride was brilliant and when my wife and I did Spa, Nordschleife and Nurburgring F1 trackdays last year, they were impeccable, keeping up with various 911 GT3's cornering in the damp for example. I have to say though, that was probably down to me being a driving god with no imagination as to what could possibly go wrong, lol. (joke)

I was nervous about fitting coilovers as I thought they world be far too hard, but the reality was they just provided a lot better control, making the car more predictable and hence safer and faster.

If you think about it, IMHO, fitting stiffer springs is asking the standard dampers to control the rebound and bump given by the springs, and if they are lowering springs, the damper travel stroke is closer to hitting the bump stops.

How do I know this? Quite a few years running a very competitive Formula Ford race car where springs and damper rates are key to performance. The hours I have spent tweaking spring rates and damper clicks....

Edited by andygo
  • Like 1

Great, many thanks for the replies. I have now a set of the Eibachs on their way.

Car looks nice Scott, just what I'm after.

• Like 1