New JoyeAuto PCM 3.0 CarPlay

• Founder

I’m about to order the NMAutomotive kit that does the same, but I think it’s only available for the PCM 3.1.  It seems to get better feedback from the 991 guys and it comes from a British seller with really good support and aftercare apparently.  

Worth giving them a call...

https://www.nmautomotive.co.uk/carplay-androidauto

5 hours ago, Beanoir™ said:

I’m about to order the NMAutomotive kit that does the same, but I think it’s only available for the PCM 3.1.  It seems to get better feedback from the 991 guys and it comes from a British seller with really good support and aftercare apparently.  

Thanks. Yep just 3.1 with them.

6 hours ago, Julian987 said:

Thanks. Yep just 3.1 with them.

There’s a chap called Martin Hamilton on FB that contacted them, purchased and installed (CABO UK). You can email them and there is a version available for 3.0 too.

Yes your correct, they emailed me through the details of the PCM 3.0 version and they gave me an installers address in south London. Martin Hamilton did his own install but I dont fancy opening up my head unit to install the extra circuit board. Apparently it takes about 4 hours for complete install.

No not Croydon, This is the one that NM Automotive sent me, Sextons.  I spoke to one in Coulsdon and as soon as I mentioned opening up head unit it was a big NO.

Sextons are London based in Ferrier Street www.sextonslondon.co.uk contact there is Jay. They have installed a lot of our kits.

Edited by iSPY
Added text

2 hours ago, iSPY said:

No not Croydon, This is the one that NM Automotive sent me, Sextons.  I spoke to one in Coulsdon and as soon as I mentioned opening up head unit it was a big NO.

Sextons are London based in Ferrier Street www.sextonslondon.co.uk contact there is Jay. They have installed a lot of our kits.

What are they charging?

4 minutes ago, jaketame said:

What are they charging?

I've no idea, I haven't contacted them yet. Waiting for a bit of normality to return.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 21/04/2021 at 08:27, Beanoir™ said:

Did you order the NMA kit Nick? Have you self-installed it? Any feedback on it? 👍🏻

that said, considering the unit is £450 (with shipping) plus (i have been quoted) £500 to install it, that is a grand -vs- waiting until next year for the official Porsche one to come out....

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-germancars/porsche-officially-embraces-restomod-craze/44142

'....the expanded rollout of digital infotainment technology to fit older models as recent as the 997, with that variant's PCCM system due for launch in 2022 in response to demand.'

The recent 996 PCM unit is £1300...and lets say the 997/987 one next year will be £1500, I'd rather pay that to get a high res screen and better touch control than this temporary measure. And the one next year will be an easier install, it is bound to be. 

I am going to wait it out!

Edited by Julian987

• Founder
11 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Did you order the NMA kit Nick? Have you self-installed it? Any feedback on it? 👍🏻

Not yet, thats WAAAYYY down the list of things to do at the moment unfortunately :( 

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...

I’ve got the Smart Tuning kit that does the same.  It seems to get better feedback from the 991 guys and it comes from a British seller with really good support and aftercare apparently.
It’s available for PCM 3.0 and above. 

www.smart-tuning.co.uk/quote

On 14/01/2022 at 22:14, Daniel Moto said:

I’ve got the Smart Tuning kit that does the same.  It seems to get better feedback from the 991 guys and it comes from a British seller with really good support and aftercare apparently.
It’s available for PCM 3.0 and above. 

www.smart-tuning.co.uk/quote

Very interesting, thank you so much for sharing that info. Have you found the installation robust and working all well, and is the screen swiping smooth and sound quality great?

Also was the installation done with super care?

I got a quote at £800 for my R, remote install in London, its pricey but all options when reliant on installation costs are about the same. Just wondering if £800 is better saved to wait it out a few years for the official one.