Hunting for my first Porsche: A Cayman 987.2

24 minutes ago, Stumac62 said:

Hi Matt. So sorry! I don't mean any disrespect to you or anyone with a 60k+ car. Honest! Just my irrational thinking that I need it to 'feel' new. No logic to it at all really.

Stumac62 you're buying an old car, maybe 12 years old, don't expect it to be like new, you'll be disappointed.

Caymans get driven hard, so expect stone chipping on the front end, windscreen and roof, also the sills and those sticking out back wings will have gravel rash.

Consider average mileage per year, so a 10 year old car should have approx 100k miles, so 60k is nothing.

57 minutes ago, andygo said:

This on has been for sale for ages now. Originally it looked overpriced at £42k but as prices have drifted up over the last 6 months, it now looks a more reasonable prospect. But still unsold. A bit odd, but then most of the Caymans on PH have been around for a few weeks now.

Which one, the Black Edition?

Of the 3 currently for sale, the one I link to has only appeared this week just gone. It is the only one with extended leather that has come on the market for well over two years. Or do you mean the FB group one? 

Edited by Julian987

43 minutes ago, Andyoz said:

I'm guessing this one?

Seller may have shifted it earlier but the description just goes on and on...and that PCGB letter is a joke. They are only used for insurance purposes..

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/10567965

Oh that one! :) that one is an oddity...something feels off about that one. There must be other factors at play as to why that hasn't sold. 

I still find it weird that manual R's fetch higher prices than PDK's but that doesn't seem to be mirrored with the price of the S.

I'm sure a year or so ago S manual's were the ones being snapped up. Has Covid changed the type of buyers now?

Edited by Andyoz

Chaps, I recently purchased an immaculate manual 987.2 example from Paragon, but I’m really thinking I should’ve gone the whole hog and bought a 981 GT4. I LOVE the 987.2, but I feel a need to own a GT4 before other life commitments take over. 

As such, if anyone is interested in my car, let me know. Condition is probably better than any other on the market and I’d rather it go to another enthusiast. It’s not listed anywhere currently as I’d always give people on here the first opportunity to snap it up. DM me for more info.

Tom

2 hours ago, GlosRich said:

Stumac62 you're buying an old car, maybe 12 years old, don't expect it to be like new, you'll be disappointed.

Caymans get driven hard, so expect stone chipping on the front end, windscreen and roof, also the sills and those sticking out back wings will have gravel rash.

Consider average mileage per year, so a 10 year old car should have approx 100k miles, so 60k is nothing.

Mine has 24,000 miles and has all of those 'features' that come with ownership  and that weren't specc'd from new.

1 hour ago, Andyoz said:

It would be great see a photo and some more details :)

Cayman 

Optional extra Spec as follows:

Metallic Basalt Black

Black Sports Exhaust Tips

Two tone Carrera II 19” Alloys

Bi-xenon Headlights 

Sports Plus Seats

Porsche Logo on headrest 

Cayman S logo on armrest 

Heated Seats

Extended Leather (centre console, doors, dashboard) 

Gloss Silver centre console / Dash trim

Silver dials 

Bluetooth phone prep

PCM 3 / Navigation 

Bose Stereo

Multimedia Interface (AUX/IPOD/USB) 

Automatic Climate control 

Sports Chrono Plus

Manual Alcantara Shift Knob (added by me)

Bought the car from Paragon Porsche. 55k miles, Their prep work and history of the car is absolutely fantastic. Full history from new. Prep work as follows; New N rated tires, full major service, spark plugs, drive belt / pulley tensioner, gearbox / diff fluid, new clutch, brake fluid, new genuine discs and pads all round, new lower control arms all round, geometry check, wheel refurb , front bumper respray.

D0F9100E-5231-4A22-A09B-E416934A274A.jpeg

5 hours ago, Stumac62 said:

Hi Matt. So sorry! I don't mean any disrespect to you or anyone with a 60k+ car. Honest! Just my irrational thinking that I need it to 'feel' new. No logic to it at all really.

Haha, only kidding Stu. I would have bought lower mileage too if I could have afforded it

1 hour ago, 24057 said:

Cayman 

Metallic Basalt Black

Bi-xenon Headlights 

Sports Plus Seats

Porsche Logo on headrest 

Cayman S logo on armrest 

Heated Seats

Silver dials 

Bluetooth phone prep

PCM 3 / Navigation 

Bose Stereo

Sports Chrono Plus

Bought the car from Paragon Porsche. 55k miles, Their prep work and history of the car is absolutely fantastic. Full history from new. Prep work as follows; New N rated tires, full major service, spark plugs, drive belt / pulley tensioner, gearbox / diff fluid, new clutch, brake fluid, new genuine discs and pads all round, new lower control arms all round, geometry check, wheel refurb , front bumper respray.

That’s the one I was interested in originally from Paragon, it’s such a looker! If I hadn’t just bought and had the cash, I would definitely be taking it off you. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matt_Chaps said:

That’s the one I was interested in originally from Paragon, it’s such a looker! If I hadn’t just bought and had the cash, I would definitely be taking it off you. 

Thanks Matt, yes it’s a superb example I was very lucky to get it tbh, as it gathered a lot of interest. The silver grilles put people off, but nobody thought to ask if Paragon would swap them to black… which they did 😂👍🏼

1 hour ago, 24057 said:

Cayman 

Metallic Basalt Black

Bi-xenon Headlights 

Sports Plus Seats

Porsche Logo on headrest 

Cayman S logo on armrest 

Heated Seats

Silver dials 

Bluetooth phone prep

PCM 3 / Navigation 

Bose Stereo

Sports Chrono Plus

I might be interested. I have a deposit on a manual Black Edition that is getting inspected tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that it needs work and the owner is insistent that the price is firm, so not very confident that the sale is going to complete. Will PM you.

4 hours ago, 24057 said:

Chaps, I recently purchased an immaculate manual 987.2 example from Paragon, but I’m really thinking I should’ve gone the whole hog and bought a 981 GT4. I LOVE the 987.2, but I feel a need to own a GT4 before other life commitments take over. 

As such, if anyone is interested in my car, let me know. Condition is probably better than any other on the market and I’d rather it go to another enthusiast. It’s not listed anywhere currently as I’d always give people on here the first opportunity to snap it up. DM me for more info.

Tom

the one from a few months ago that had the silver accents you then returned to black? 

it’s a shame as that would have been the perfect one for Matt being a manual but he missed out on it at the time to you :) 

if that’s the one then it is the nicest S I have seen in years, perhaps ever, and I’m sure it will sell within days

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Julian987 said:

Ah it is that one. Playing catch up!

that is the best S, non Black Edition S, ever seen on the market.

Thankyou Julian! Very kind words indeed… certainly great value in comparison to a GT4, but I have an itch that just needs scratching. No doubt I’ll sell the car and instantly regret it😂

10 minutes ago, 24057 said:

Thankyou Julian! Very kind words indeed… certainly great value in comparison to a GT4, but I have an itch that just needs scratching. No doubt I’ll sell the car and instantly regret it😂

I can’t imagine anyone has ever regretted owning a 981 GT4! you may miss the 987 but I’m sure at the speed you’ll soon be going you’ll soon forget about it :)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Andyoz said:

could be great, thanks for sharing. Who is still looking then on this thread? and keen to learn on the status of @24057 with the Paragon one. 

Edited by Julian987

1 hour ago, Julian987 said:

could be great, thanks for sharing. Who is still looking then on this thread? and keen to learn on the status of @24057 with the Paragon one. 

Ive kept it for now Julian! May still list it on Pistonheads. But at the moment I’ve made no attempt to sell it other than mention it on this thread 😅🤣