My GT4 has finally arrived!

elucius

6 hours ago, Meteor_CR said:

What a beauty! Congrats! 👌

1 hour ago, Windymiller said:

She is a stunner in gentian blue - well done you 🤩🥰👍🏻

Thanks guys, I'm truly absolutely made up with the car, and I've only driven it 80 miles so far!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Starting to get some miles on the car, restricting it to 4k revs mainly for the first 1500 miles or so, as recommended. Will then have an oil and filter change. I know its not required but for my peace of mind.

Even trying to restrict the revs the car pulls like a train as soon as you start accelerating but is surprisingly docile when pottering about. Looking forward to when I can let it go!

What’s your impressions of the sports plus seats in the GT4 - bit of an unorthodox selection for the GT4, though dare I say the comfier and more practical option if you’re going to drive anywhere other than track days… 🤔

On 05/08/2021 at 23:03, Windymiller said:

What’s your impressions of the sports plus seats in the GT4 - bit of an unorthodox selection for the GT4, though dare I say the comfier and more practical option if you’re going to drive anywhere other than track days… 🤔

I choise the 18 way seats as I intend to use the car for weekend run outs as well as occasional track days. I've also got 18 ways on my Macan and had them on two previous cars, a 991.2 GTS and a 981 Spyder. For me they are exactly what I want and feel most comfortable in. They can be adjusted to hold you firmly for a track day but are nice to sit in for a long time. Each to their own of course and I spec'd the car for what I wanted. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Realised I've not been on for a while! The car has now done 1600 miles and I've had an oil/filter change. Not necessary, I know, but peace of mind. I'm now taking the car up to maximum revs, 8k, and it sounds great and pulls hard. Really enjoyable ride, although firmer than other Porsches I've had including the 981 Spyder. Missed out on my training session with CAT, because of problems in getting fuel, which we still have here on the edge of SE London. The CAT people were fantastic, letting me book another session. 

Still go into the garage and smile! Car is on a battery conditioner as its my weekend car plus at the moment hasn't been out much because of fuel availability! 

• Like 1

Certainly been lean times at the pumps ☺️

I spent a track day at Donnington Park largely in the company of a guy with a GT4. He said his mpg driving up from London was 24. However I had to report mine was only 22.

Edited by Eddie1996
  • Like 1