Tidy 987.2 for sale

Ginginho

15 hours ago, Alan W said:

I appreciate what you are saying Julian but I think I would feel guilty putting miles on it and hence wouldn’t enjoy what the R is surely all about, its raison d’etre, and that’s driving it. For that reason I am content to wait for a similarly low mileage 2.9 or perhaps a 3.4S that I would be happier to use and enjoy without any guilt stopping me from taking it out.

Further I find the 6 previous owners slightly off-putting and, from what I read, the missing A/C limits the desirability somewhat and therefore resale.

Don’t get me wrong it’s very tempting but I have given a lot of thought to it during the last day or so. It’s a lot of money and a shame should it just sit in the garage and not be used which it has obviously been doing during the majority of its nearly 12 years so far.

It's an extremely subjective topic.  A CR is the best drive you can get under £50k yet some seldom drive them.  It's a sound financial decision, but not buying one at all is clearly the smarter investment.  They are resilient against depreciation, sure, but it's never been a car to give a strong ROI.  It's a perplexing topic, in my opinion.

That said, I've taken mine from 31k (it ticked over 32k before I even got it home!) to 50k in 6 years.  Have I lost resale value?  Probably.  Was it worth it?  Absolutely.

2 hours ago, Andy said:

Cars are made to be driven, regardless if it's a £500 sh1tter or £100k Sports car, that R deserves to be used and miles put on it. 

That is a car that is only going up in value, it is so low that you are never going to loose money on it with another 10-15k miles added on top.. which is going to take some time to put on there (assuming you wouldn't be daily driving it). 

Not buying a car for fear of putting miles on is a compremise too far, buy someting, drive it, enjoy it and live life. 

Easy for you to say Andy and I don’t disagree.  However, as I said above I would have a more relaxed attitude to using and driving a low mileage 2.9 or perhaps 3.4S if I could find one with a decent specification and service history.  I was only tempted by the CR because of the mileage, specification, history and 24 month OPC warranty.  You don’t find any base 2.9’s around with all those attributes as I’m starting to learn but that is what I want.  I will just need to be patient until the right car appears for sale.

49 minutes ago, futureechos said:

Just driving my relatively standard 2.9 makes me smile every time.

Get something that brings joy to you regularly, that could be worth much more than a few extra grand in 5-10 years time. (Easy for me to say of course). 

Glad to hear you are enjoying your 2.9 and that it brings you so much pleasure.  😀  If I can find the right car I’m sure I’ll be the same.   

15 minutes ago, Alan W said:

Glad to hear you are enjoying your 2.9 and that it brings you so much pleasure.  😀  If I can find the right car I’m sure I’ll be the same.   

Personally I did faff for about 9 months before pulling the trigger, I don't miss the lack of Chrono, PASM... perhaps PSE would have been nice but this isn't essential.

Next one I think would need to be Guards Red or Cobalt Blue for a change from the black. Love the black -  if only it wasn't for the need to wash every week :)

Good hunting.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, futureechos said:

Good hunting.

Thanks futureechos.  👍  I'm enjoying the hunt but get frustrated sometimes at the lack of cars meeting my relatively modest wishlist and requirements.

8 hours ago, Julian987 said:

left hooker but a stunning Cayman S Sport....

https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/porsche-cayman-s-2008-2202623/

They are pricier on the continent but it would be interesting to see how much a green one would fetch here, given their rarity. Removal of the script decals should be a criminal offence ;)

17 minutes ago, Julian987 said:

xmas soup of the day

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/14232490

(think we may have seen this one a year ago, its back).

Merry Christmas one and all.

Looks like the same car as below and marked up at least £9k!  🙄

On 14/11/2022 at 15:51, wtaite01 said:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202211131637278?atmobcid=soc3

Bargain for someone here assuming no horrors in the history: Guards red Gen 2 CS, ext leather, PSE, sports seats, 44k miles, £21k

21 minutes ago, Alan W said:

Looks like the same car as below and marked up at least £9k!  🙄

Ah I seem to recall it. I think it was one suggested to you then realised it wasn't PDK. Or was it the one where the seller wouldn't allow a pre-inspection? Either way its a nice one!

14 hours ago, Julian987 said:

Merry Christmas Julian and all on Cayman OC - have a great day!  😀

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Julian987 said:

xmas soup of the day

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/14232490

(think we may have seen this one a year ago, its back).

Don't think it was for sale a year ago, but MR have had it up with their fat markup for six weeks or so.

Don't like any trader who prices cars excessively high, don't like the impact it has on the market. Not one personally who wants to see these cars go up in value as an owner. That's fine if you don't drive them, but I do and it's better they stay cheaper in that context.

Also that trader once sold a car I had owned previously, and the bullshit in the ad about the car was not terribly edifying. It wasn't really awful, but there were details that were unnecessarily made up (and incorrect). Nothing really major (well, one fairly significant item that was at least removed / corrected when I commented on the YT video for the car that it was completely wrong, but a number of other items I didn't bother commenting on), but pretty bullshitty. That's car dealers for you, but that outfit prices right at the top of the market and am not convinced it delivers the quality of product to go along with that.

• Like 1

On 31/12/2022 at 11:07, MartinF6 said:

Don't like any trader who prices cars excessively high, don't like the impact it has on the market. Not one personally who wants to see these cars go up in value as an owner. That's fine if you don't drive them, but I do and it's better they stay cheaper in that context.

Also that trader once sold a car I had owned previously, and the bullshit in the ad about the car was not terribly edifying. It wasn't really awful, but there were details that were unnecessarily made up (and incorrect). Nothing really major (well, one fairly significant item that was at least removed / corrected when I commented on the YT video for the car that it was completely wrong, but a number of other items I didn't bother commenting on), but pretty bullshitty. That's car dealers for you, but that outfit prices right at the top of the market and am not convinced it delivers the quality of product to go along with that.

Well you have certainly demonstrated that opinion now on quite a few occasions. I bought and drive a car from that particular trader and paid quite a high price but it was by far and away the best in the market imo ( which is all that matters).

I respect your opinion but generally bad mouthing traders especially porsche traders really has a negative effect on prices.  If that guy or any other trader keeps prices high that's only a good thing? No?.

Do you really want our models to be driven down in price. This is the only forum I've ever known ( im a member of quite a few) that actually looks at escalated prices as a negative. 

Anyway.  Its done now! On with the show.  

That white aero kit does suit a 987

Edited by Neil_jdmr
Grammer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Neil_jdmr said:

Well you have certainly demonstrated that opinion now on quite a few occasions. I bought and drive a car from that particular trader and paid quite a high price but it was by far and away the best in the market imo ( which is all that matters).

I respect your opinion but generally bad mouthing traders especially porsche traders really has a negative effect on prices.  If that guy or any other trader keeps prices high that's only a good thing? No?.

Do you really want our models to be driven down in price. This is the only forum I've ever known ( im a member of quite a few) that actually looks at escalated prices as a negative. 

Anyway.  Its done now! On with the show.  

That white aero kit does suit a 987

That opinion is not widely shared.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...