New member - hello from the Midlands!

• Platinum Member

Thanks for the welcome! As for mods - only a few bits so far and nothing major yet... But it's a slippery slope. So far:

Carnewal GT exhaust, Eibach springs and geo, upgraded brake lines and GT3 brake ducts, changed front fog surrounds, Alcantara (steering wheel, gaitor, knob and handbrake sleeve), double DIN head unit with Carplay, Sqirrl fire extinguisher mount)...

Currently debating what lightweight wheels to put on it... but that will need to wait until after Le Mans Classic this coming weekend 🙌

4 hours ago, projectcayman said:

Thanks for the welcome! As for mods - only a few bits so far and nothing major yet... But it's a slippery slope. So far:

Carnewal GT exhaust, Eibach springs and geo, upgraded brake lines and GT3 brake ducts, changed front fog surrounds, Alcantara (steering wheel, gaitor, knob and handbrake sleeve), double DIN head unit with Carplay, Sqirrl fire extinguisher mount)...

Currently debating what lightweight wheels to put on it... but that will need to wait until after Le Mans Classic this coming weekend 🙌

will see if I spot your car there, going too but in mates motor home rather than the Cayman. Haven’t been before but looking forward to it. 

like the mods you’ve done, sure I saw on Instagram 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder
On 27/06/2023 at 17:11, projectcayman said:

I don’t think I saw you, was you camping?  We were at Maison Blanche this time, pretty good atmosphere and decent access to the track.  

• Platinum Member

Nah, not camping. Had an AirBNB in Le Mans itself so was parked up in normal Ouest parking zone each day. Other than a few showers, it was great again this year 

• 2 weeks later...

Le Mans classic was great. Just done a couple of days at Goodwood FOS and unfair to compare the weather, but the campsite cars and the clubs stuff at Le Mans was a different league all together and I think it’s better value 

• Like 1

• Platinum Member

Yes, just back from FOS now. It was ace despite the rain all day - but I agree on LM Classic. It’s awesome. 

The journey back from FOS to Solihull was awful. They are talking about cancelling FOS tomorrow due to the weather ☹️

Edited by projectcayman