Anyone using a ctek charger ?

foxmod

Hello All,

Quick question if anyone can help, I still got my CTEK MX 3600 charger from my GT3, but wanted to add the

CTEK CTE-56263 CTEK Cigarette Lighter Connector Adaptor 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0016LA5O8/ref=s9_dcacsd_bhz_bw_c_x_3

instead of a direct connection to the battery, is anyone doing this right now? - or something else?

Do you know if any of the sockets in the cabin stay live after the ignition has been disconnected?

Many thanks!

The interior sockets are only live for 30 mins after switching ignition off, as I discovered recently, so you need to connect the battery. I attached the ctek battery lead to mine so I can just connect the charger.

• Founder

I must admit, I don't run my battery conditioner off the 12v socket, but I also thought I could if I wanted as plenty of other owners seem to do so.  

Let us know what Porsche say.

On 26 April 2016 at 23:54, foxmod said:

I'll talk to my local OPC and get the lowdown and report back soon

thanks for the replies so far......

Did you speak to your OPC?  I was thinking of investing in one of these and the cigarette lighter adaptor seems a neat solution to me if it works! 

not yet will do so in afew weeks - don't get the car until Saturday, as soon as I know, so will you.....

Edited by foxmod

I still haven't spoken to my OPC, but I have now collected the car, and what a car!! - I've fitted the CTEK comfort connect eyelets direct to the battery (+ on battery, -ve on a bolt I fixed to the chassis) and managed to poke the end out of the plastic cover next to the front boot seal -all seams to work just fine) - I'll still ask when I go the my OPC 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry if I missed something but did you get a answer from your opc  regarding fitting the charger to the cigarette lighter adaptor ?

thanks

nigel

I used my ctek charger connected to the cigarette lighter socket on my 2012 Cayman R for months at a time during the winter. Absolutely no problems at all.

When resting in the garage, I locked my car with the fob double clicked to cancel the cabin sensor mode. This saves battery power.

No need to convert to battery croc clips. The cigarette lighter connection works a treat.

That is what my new order 718 Cayman S comes with the smoker pack.

Brian