New member looking for a 981S PDK

981Ad

Hello All,

Hope your well.

Having sold my 370Z I am currently on the hunt for a decent spec 981S PDK which must have PASM and Sports Chrono. I am not having much luck if I am honest, all the decent spec cars seem to be at dealers with a high premium

So every morning and evening I am on the classifieds but no luck yet! I don't think the Ford C Maxx hire car is helping too much either :sAng_banghead:

Thanks,

Adam

• Founder

Hi Adam, welcome! 

I expect as the 718 deliveries begin than there will be more 981s on the market, depends how long you can suffer the C-Max for!! 

• Like 1

Ford have announced that they may well put their prices up before the end of the year due to the exchange rate, people wavering may got for the 718 while prices are stable?

:welcome:

Just blame it on Brexit, seems to be the route cause of everything else at the moment, I'm sure that's what this rash on my leg is from... 

1 hour ago, DKR_77 said:

:welcome:

Just blame it on Brexit, seems to be the route cause of everything else at the moment, I'm sure that's what this rash on my leg is from... 

Mearly quoting the CFO of Ford who specifically cites Brexit. Of course it may lead to numerous positives but there may be 'bumps in the road' to deal with, alternatively the capitalist price gouger may be using it as an excuse to but a new yacht. Whether you're pro or anti, a currency devaluation makes exports cheaper and imports more expensive. That's got noting to do with tariffs or europolitics. 

Sorry, can't help with the nasty rash. Some creme perhaps?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/5f20ead4-54c5-11e6-9664-e0bdc13c3bef?client=safari

It may be worth  you contacting a company like Paragon to see if they will be getting stock or can keep an eye out for you? 

PASM I can understand, but why SC?

The 981 I drove with SC just screamed insanely at the top of the rev range ALL the time. Useless to me. Maybe you're tracking it and want the mapping function?

Also, why S? Have you considered the 2.7. I tried both and found the smaller engine a scream. 3.4 never gets into its stride on the road, unless you don't like your licence?

• Founder
52 minutes ago, DJMC said:

Also, why S? Have you considered the 2.7. I tried both and found the smaller engine a scream. 3.4 never gets into its stride on the road, unless you don't like your licence?

Each to their own David :) 

2 hours ago, Beanoir said:

Each to their own David :) 

Indeed. That's why I tried the 981S, and SC. The OP may not have tried the 2.7?

I have the base 2.9 and honestly, it's way more then enough. I've never ever been in a situation where I've thought, damn, how I wish I had those extra 50 odd horses or so.

I can also say having previously had a 3.6 996:2 with 320bhp that this feels no less powerful then that. Guess you'd need to compare side by side. 

1 hour ago, PhilCS said:

Welcome Adam! 

Id say the S is a must if you're coming from a 370, the 2.7 lacks the equivalent grunt.  

0-60 is about the same.