Let's see your kit...

• Founder

That's very impressive!! I need to up my game clearly! 

Here's my poor attempt...

IMG_9729.JPG

I need to re-stock a few things, new drying towels and decent interior cleaners.  Also a decent wheel cleaner, been using G101 but it's not as good as dedicated wheel cleaners.  

I recently bought a new Karcher K5 and an extra long pressure hose so that makes cleaning the cars a lot easier not having to cart the thing around the drive. 

• Like 1

my cupboard is nearly empty. the Poles just down the road, do a fantastic job and for a fiver, its not worth getting your hands wet. a quick spray and wipe when I get home with some Demon Shine and a monthly application of Rain-X on the glass, that's it

21 minutes ago, Bushman said:

my cupboard is nearly empty. the Poles just down the road, do a fantastic job and for a fiver, its not worth getting your hands wet. a quick spray and wipe when I get home with some Demon Shine and a monthly application of Rain-X on the glass, that's it

Oh dear :o that really does pain me to hear that! No car let alone a Porsche should be taken down to the local "scratch n' go" car wash. The damage they do is so costly in the long run...

• Founder

I used to take my CS down to the local car wash and to be fair they did a very good job, until i realised whatever they were using on the wheels made my brake callipers turn a faded red/pink colour.  SO I stopped using those chumps. 

My outfit down the road here are ok, not great but good enough.  I don't take the CR there and so far only once with the M5 although I suspect that car will see those guys more often during the winter months.  

I used to have a cupboard like that, I got rid of a lot of stuff over the years as I no longer need it. As I work part time at a Gtechniq detailers, I generally just use whats in stock there :) All of our cars have now had the full range of gtechnic products applied, so I don't need much in the way of glazes or waxes etc.
I do still have some chemical guys stuff, and some poorboys, but my kit mainly consists of a couple of rotaries, a G220, a few shampoos, too many cloths, towels and applicators for one person, and a few spray bottles for things like wheel cleaner, G101, rinse aid, Red7 etc.

2 hours ago, Madmoggy said:

I used to have a cupboard like that, I got rid of a lot of stuff over the years as I no longer need it. As I work part time at a Gtechniq detailers, I generally just use whats in stock there :) All of our cars have now had the full range of gtechnic products applied, so I don't need much in the way of glazes or waxes etc.
I do still have some chemical guys stuff, and some poorboys, but my kit mainly consists of a couple of rotaries, a G220, a few shampoos, too many cloths, towels and applicators for one person, and a few spray bottles for things like wheel cleaner, G101, rinse aid, Red7 etc.

You lucky so and so! Gtechniq have some awesome stuff! Come at a price though. Don't suppose that's Gtechniq at upper heyford is it? 

• Founder
5 hours ago, Madmoggy said:

Did you say CaymanOC member discount?? 

• Like 1