CaymanOC Meet - 5th February 2017

12 hours ago, Langlord said:

A proper road trip is something I would defiantly be interested in if you are happy to organise.  

Sorry if I have missed on the wider forum but do you attend any events organised via Porsche owners club?  Only ask as my uncle is reasonably active with the club as he likes collecting 911's and I have attended a few events with him.

I can't remember the guy's name, but maybe Nick would like to sound out the highly regarded organiser of his Wales trip on the possibility of a club trip, or what is upcoming that those interested might join in. And the cost. Not cheap as I recall?

• Administrators

Looks like the meet was a huge success so well done to everybody who made it, great turn out!

As Beanoir said above, the club will not be organising a run on public roads as we don't want the liability attached to it.  I realise that the vast majority of members can drive in a sensible manner, but unfortunately it only ever takes one to make a mistake.  Whether you're an advanced driver, motorcyclist or Aryton Senner, mistakes can and will happen and I will not accept that risk I'm afraid.  We also can't account for the odd idiot.  

Having said that, we will do something, watch this space - well not exactly this space but a space very close to this space...things in the pipeline ?

• Like 1

Some good points made here. Drive outs to points of interest was what I was getting at but as you say it only takes one to ruin it.

Some years ago we did a Westfield run out to Historic flying where they rebuild Spits , Hurricans, P51 Mustangs plus loads of other WW1, WW2 aircraft in Safron Waldon 5-6 groups of 3 cars. Was a great day and actually got to sit in a Spitfire. Well worth taking a look if you are over that way.

After reading the views outlined above, I do see allot of sense in not having one,  which is a shame in some ways. But as also mentioned, there are some great companies which run drives, that could be attended by club members. 

I was also on the Pistonhead Sunday meet, which ended up with the Lambo in the field.. there were some 'expert' drivers that day.. who ran out of talent before leaving the car park! 

• Tom unfeatured and unpinned this topic