Pilot Sport 4S (oponeo)

Porker

Guys, just pushed the button on some PS4S 

265/35/19 and 235/35/19 £756! (Plus fitting which will be less than £20 per tyre I hope). The 265s dropped by a good £30 each today, does seem to fluctuate so keep your eyes peeled. 

Yep Oponeo.... 

the 265s were £204 earlier today, now £240. I think i may have sneaked in an order when they mispriced them. Result!

IMG_3081.PNG

1 hour ago, Red Square Images said:

Not N rated for Porsche

Ah, yes, that's a no. Not overly concerned personally. I think N rated ones are out soon but not interested in paying the premium personally. It's a 2010 with no Porsche warranty and was never specified with MPSS or similar anyway. Hopefully they get delivered without any one at Oponeo realising their cock up!

Seems pricey for non-N rated 19" tyres when my N rated Goodyear 20" set was under £700 fitted (from Oponeo).

That would put a PS4S 20" N rated set at maybe £900 - 950 fitted? Are they really worth 35% more than the Goodyears?

Who can say, as nobody's tried the Michelins yet. But as I've never had Michelins on any car over 40 years I'd need to be convinced some more.

However, my Goodyears have another 15-20k miles in them yet by which time the PS4S will probably be an extra £50-100 a set, which I could live with for a "punt" on them being superior.

8 hours ago, DJMC said:

Seems pricey for non-N rated 19" tyres when my N rated Goodyear 20" set was under £700 fitted (from Oponeo).

That would put a PS4S 20" N rated set at maybe £900 - 950 fitted? Are they really worth 35% more than the Goodyears?

Who can say, as nobody's tried the Michelins yet. But as I've never had Michelins on any car over 40 years I'd need to be convinced some more.

However, my Goodyears have another 15-20k miles in them yet by which time the PS4S will probably be an extra £50-100 a set, which I could live with for a "punt" on them being superior.

£204 for the PS4S, cheaper than the MPSS (althought mispriced!) most reviews by people who allegedly know about these things say they are THE best (MPSS or MPS4S) so I'm going with that. Give zero f**ks about N rated on a six year old car. 

...but yes, Michelain are expensive, this is a good price for them.

IMG_3080.PNG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DJMC said:

A couple of reviews by Cayman owners on a few sites, how reliable they are who knows? I just hoping i get a European passport if i buy enough European stuff at inflated prices ;)

• Like 1

Well, OPONEO contacted me and those are 'out of stock at the warehouse' but can re-order at a higher price. Total BS of course, they mispriced the 265s and are trying to wriggle out of it. Order cancelled and refunded, i could have got into a lengthy process to make them honour it but haven't got the time or inclination for that. 

Disappointed! 

• Administrators

I have to say, I did wonder to myself if that would happen.  A bit naughty of them though! >:(

Have you tried Camskill? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom said:

I have to say, I did wonder to myself if that would happen.  A bit naughty of them though! >:(

Have you tried Camskill? 

I have, Oponeo are still a good price actually but i can wait a few weeks. Asda Tyres (they actually use another company but branded as Asda) do a very good price for the 235s but don't do the 265s yet. I'll wait to see if they stock them before i buy a set. Want them for a track day in April, ive got the old PS2s up front and MPSS of the back that were fitted when i bought it. 

On 21/03/2017 at 14:04, Tom said:

Not really naughty; well within their rights due to human error.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Not really naughty; well within their rights due to human error.

There's their rights and then there are customer expectations - knowing the difference is the mark of quality retailer.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

There's their rights and then there are customer expectations - knowing the difference is the mark of quality retailer.  

As Tom says, fairly sure they're within their rights according to their small print but hardly the point. They're not a small concern, they should have taken it on the chin. I cancelled the order for the 235s as well, buggered if I'm giving them my money. Asda tyres do 235s cheaper as it turns out. See my experience of Dove House, fixed a fault after the warranty expired without a quibble. That's how to build a reputation. 

16 hours ago, Porker said:

As Tom says, fairly sure they're within their rights according to their small print but hardly the point. They're not a small concern, they should have taken it on the chin.

Why should they?

If you'd accidentally paid too much, should they keep the money?

16 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Why should they?

If you'd accidentally paid too much, should they keep the money?

No. See my earlier point about good ethics and business practice, what's  'legal' is of little relevance here.