RPM Technich, Bucks - recommendation

Windymiller

I went to RPM Technik today for a new battery and to take advantage of their free Saturday morning surgery (for a donation to their adopted charity for injured service personnel Mission Motorsport). 

What at an impressive set up and what a great bunch of people that work there. 

The front of house service admin staff (Nadine) was incredibly friendly and welcoming, offering me a brew whilst I waited for my car to be brought in to the service bay. 

Then I was left to freely roam the showroom and sit in every car there (I loved the 997 GT3 and the 981 GTS mmmmh ???), had a good long natter with the sales diretor Greig, and was then invited to inspect my car up on the ramp with Ollie. 

It it wasn't until after Ollie in his overalls and signature bandana had taken me on a tour of the underside of my Cayman that I discovered he's actually the company founder, who spends most of his weekdays in the office, but likes to get on the tools alternate weekends for the Saturday surgeries. What a top bloke. 

The facilities are impressive with a 5 ramp workshop, separate engine and gearbox refurb workshop a full (acid bath, hot tank, bead blaster) 'dirty room' workshop and a separate restoration and geometry workshop. 

Even though I'd taken her in for a battery replacement Ollie advised me that my existing one had life in it still and would probably be ok with a decent charge. Which I thought was brilliant rather than just swapping it out and charging me for it. However, I decided to err on the side of caution with winter looming and went for the change. 

Ollie advised that come service time next March I'd likely be looking at 2 new rear suspension control arms and a geometry check due to some uneven wear showing on the rear tyres. At no point did I feel like there was any hard sell, or pressure to 'book in for the work now'.  

The other customers I met were equally friendly and unpretentious. 

And to top it all there's a perfect 'greasy spoon' cafe on the industrial estate where I got a spot on full English and cuppa for £6.50 ??.

I will certainly be using RPM for my servicing next year, and I would recommend them based on my (limited) experience so far. 

Jason

2 hours ago, Beanoir said:

They are a great bunch, Ollie and Greig are top guys. 

They offered to hold an OC Meet over there, should get that arranged

Aye Beanoir, that would be a great occasion, mix it in with a Saturday morning surgery and get a few of us over to RPM. 

Judging by the attendance at your super sausage Sunday morning runs out I'm sure there'd be a good uptake for it. 

They had a similar similar event for the PCGB 991 register in May as a fund raiser for their Mission Motorsport charity. 

• Like 1

• Founder
8 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Aye Beanoir, that would be a great occasion, mix it in with a Saturday morning surgery and get a few of us over to RPM. 

Judging by the attendance at your super sausage Sunday morning runs out I'm sure there'd be a good uptake for it. 

They had a similar similar event for the PCGB 991 register in May as a fund raiser for their Mission Motorsport charity. 

I’ll see what I can rustle up then! 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just dropped the ‘snow queen’ off @ RPM for some work over the next week, will report on level of customer service and impressions of the work when I collect next Friday. 

In for:

1) 40k Miles service

2) new aux drive belts

3) aircon service

4) MOT

5) fit new rear coffin arms (MEYLE - I’ve supplied from Frazer Parts @ £270 for the pr.) 

6) investigate sagging rear drivers side suspension (its 10mm lower than opposite side)  

7) full check of rest of suspension components

8) geometry set up

9) ‘tweak’ drivers side windscreen wash nozzle

10) investigate & remedy drivers door card wet (this should be a Cridfords warranty item).