Space beneath the seats?

anon_uk

Hi all,

I have an 07' CS with base sound. I don't want to install too much to improve the sound, so I have upgraded the mids (in the door) and tweeters (in dash). Also, I already have an aftermarket stereo. Next, I was thinking of installing a subwoofer but I don't want to lose any space... so I thought of an under seat sub, something like the picture below.

My question is how much space is beneath the is beneath the driver or passenger seats in my car? as I need to know if the dimensions of the unit would fit before buying. The unit dimensions are (H x W x D) 36.5 x 23.8 x 8.3 (cm).

Many thanks

PS-8_1_l.jpg

I'm pretty sure that won't fit.  Have you got the height adjustable seats in yours?  Electric seats?

Best bet is to make up a cardboard box the same dimensions and see if it fits before buying. 

I got it 50% under the passenger seat, you are right it doesn't fit. It's a shame that would of been a good solution for me.

It's the electric seats and manual height adjuster in my car. I am so limited of what I can do in my car, as it came with base sound.

Although it is impressive and a lot of work, I don't want to go to the lengths in this  audio Install

• Founder

What about the passenger footwell in the same way as the Bose subwoofer was sometimes fitted? 

Or just some decent drivers in the doors, they’ll deliver decent punchy mid bass if fitted correctly - depends how low you want to go

• 4 weeks later...

Ok guys,

I can confirm the Kenwood KSC-SW11 under seat subwoofer fits perfectly under the passenger seat. there are no issues with clearance and don't have to keep the seat high or anything like that. I am pleased with the outcome, especially since the options are so limited with the Base sound package.

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/amp_spk/com/KSC-SW11/

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 08/04/2018 at 00:53, anon_uk said:

While I was doing some work on the car today, I thought I would take a photo to show the mounting locations that works for me.

A really useful walkthrough for removing the seats I used -

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/cayman-performance-modifications/p120-porsche-gt3-race-seat-installation.html

30414593_10159921252565467_4259866448140173312_n.jpg

I've also fitted the same Kenwood sub in my S1 (paired to a Pioneer DVD head unit)... I replaced the pony ASK door mids & dash tweeters with Infinity Reference (massive difference!) ... I've also fitted some Pioneer 4" speakers in the rear shock turret positions but I'm not that impressed with them tbh.

I'm pondering whether to do a custom fit of 6.5's in the engine cover some how ?

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/04/2018 at 22:16, Mavrik said:

I've also fitted the same Kenwood sub in my S1 (paired to a Pioneer DVD head unit)... I replaced the pony ASK door mids & dash tweeters with Infinity Reference (massive difference!) ... I've also fitted some Pioneer 4" speakers in the rear shock turret positions but I'm not that impressed with them tbh.

I'm pondering whether to do a custom fit of 6.5's in the engine cover some how ?

Hi Mavrik, do you have a link to Infinity speakers that you fitted please? I tried  some other brand recommended on different forums, but they are not much different.

TIA

• 2 weeks later...

@anon_uk

I got mine from eBay (they are quite rare though in the UK it seems?)

These are what I fitted :  Infinity Reference 6530CS

These are on eBay at the mo fella ? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Infinity-Reference-6530cs-Two-Way-Car-Audio-Loudspeaker-Component-System/183248598391?hash=item2aaa77b577:g:dUoAAOSwkkNbDXPR

INFINITY-REF6030CS.jpg

6530cs.jpg

@Mavrik   Many thanks for the heads up. whereabouts did you install the crossover? or did you only fit the crossover to the tweeter cables in the dash and let the mids in the door just use the existing Porsche speaker cables?

Thanks

@anon_uk

I managed to fit the crossover behind the door card (not much room though)

I also ran proper O free speaker cable from the head unit so the crossover is wired as its supposed to be ? 

Edited by Mavrik

• 1 year later...
On 23/04/2018 at 22:16, Mavrik said:

How would you rate the underseat sub, it any good? I'm thinking of fitting one of these also. Where did you ground it to?

Yeah, it's 150w so not really that powerful tbh but gives a decent depth to the bass now at around 50-60hz... It comes with a fitting kit... Can't remember where I grounded it but it's a doodle to fit tbh...

Edited by Mavrik