Tyre puncture: repair or replace?

Hi all,

So, one of my rear tyres has a screw in it and subsequently a slow puncture. 

On any average road car I would have this repaired, but logic to me is saying the tyre should be replaced, what would you do? 

Both rears have 5.5mm tread.

I don't track the car.

The car is under OPC warranty 

Thanks

My 981 Driver's Manual says that "Tyre repairs are not permissible under any circumstances".  I am not sure that is also to apply to small punctures in the central 3/4s of the tread.  That may be taking an undue cautionary approach.  As said above, find an expert to check. 

If not repairing, but fitting a new tyre, you may fall foul of further Porsche advice that there should not be a greater than 30% difference in tread depth on the same axle.  Again, I wonder if this advice is always followed?

I thought the general guidelines from tyre retailers and repairers was that they will not repair or plug Z rated tyres on cars or V rated tyres on bikes. I realise that this is also a sales ploy but I m sure this was led by insurance companies

My tyres are Y rated bushman.

Spoke with OPC, basically said that it's okay to patch repair but they will want it replaced before the warranty is renewed, however they can not repair it. So on the hunt for a good tyre shop. 

Had my puncture repaired by Halfords today as I had picked up a nail in the centre of the tread. £23 is a lot cheaper than a new tyre.

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't track the car, and it's not on the edge, a repair should be fine. 

I wouldn't run a repaired tyre on track, simply because the stress you're putting it under, along with the significantly higher temperature would make me worry about the repair's integrity.