Which leather cleaner/conditioner would you recommend?

My bottle of Williams leather conditioner cream that came with the car is running low. It works really well, so I want something similar that I can order from slims detailing (so I can get free P&P). 

I want something that nourishes and conditions leather, not just a cleaner to make it look shiny. 

Thanks in advance

Jason

Modern leather is clear coated like your paint so doesn't need nourishment.  You would be better with a leather sealant like Gtechniq L1 

I have used Auto Glym leather cleaner on all my cars that have had leather seats. I think it works really well and you do not need much. The only other products I have used is from Gliptone Liquid Leather on my old Z4. They do kits to cover up any scuffs on the leather.

Edited by phil27

On 28/05/2018 at 00:33, PMGPete said:

Gary it is yes.  Use a decent leather cleaner then apply L1. It's brilliant 

If it's clear coated, why do you need a leather cleaner? Why not just a damp cloth?

If L1 seals it, that suggests the leather pores are open beforehand. If so, using AG or similar will nourish and clean surely?

If L1 seals the pores, then no need to nourish ever again? Or will L1 wear off?

Edited by DJMC

Why not just wipe your paint with a damp cloth? 

Dye transfer, oil based contaminants etc will embed into your leather much like contaminants will embed into your paint.  Plus your seats etc also endure mechanical abrasion to further embed contamination. 

The point of L1 is much like a paint sealant. You are adding an additional protective layer as a barrier. 

Again mechanical abrasion of you moving and getting in and out of seats, degrades this much faster than a sealant on your paint etc. 

Times have really changed in not only car manufacturing but major changes in car care products, equipment and techniques have evolved massively in the last few years. 

Protection technology has made the biggest leaps in progression.  I'm happy to answer any questions the club has to offer.  This is my day in day out trade and has been for 15+ years

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 05/06/2018 at 01:59, PMGPete said:

Why not just wipe your paint with a damp cloth? 

Dye transfer, oil based contaminants etc will embed into your leather much like contaminants will embed into your paint.  Plus your seats etc also endure mechanical abrasion to further embed contamination. 

The point of L1 is much like a paint sealant. You are adding an additional protective layer as a barrier. 

Again mechanical abrasion of you moving and getting in and out of seats, degrades this much faster than a sealant on your paint etc. 

Times have really changed in not only car manufacturing but major changes in car care products, equipment and techniques have evolved massively in the last few years. 

Protection technology has made the biggest leaps in progression.  I'm happy to answer any questions the club has to offer.  This is my day in day out trade and has been for 15+ years

So what Cleaner you recommend before using G1?

And could you explain the process, how often to do and how long to leave it "curing" ?

• 1 year later...

Do any of these leather cleaners return the leather to a nice matt finish? I hate how shiney the seats are on my car but whatever I've tried either doesnt do the job or fills the holes with cream, which is a pain in the ass to get out!