Gt3 Brake Ducts for £3?

Actually it is nearer £6 as you need left and right ones but yes, it does appear to that price.

It is just a piece of moulded plastic that deflects air towards the brakes.  Useful if you track your car.

Now just factor in the cost of a GT3 master cylinder and you're good to go ?

I have them on my car, can't honestly say how much difference they make, since I've never really experienced brake fade on track, but considering the price, why wouldn't you? And anything that keeps the brakes a bit cooler when you're pushing hard is a good thing, right?

• 1 month later...

I've just bought these!

I don't get any fade etc with my Kinetix dimpled & grooved discs paired with DS2500 & DOT 5.1 but for a few quid these seem like a no brainer!

• Like 1

On 19/07/2018 at 07:24, Draven said:

Now just factor in the cost of a GT3 master cylinder and you're good to go ?

I have them on my car, can't honestly say how much difference they make, since I've never really experienced brake fade on track, but considering the price, why wouldn't you? And anything that keeps the brakes a bit cooler when you're pushing hard is a good thing, right?

@Draven Does the GT3 master make a noticeable difference on track?

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/08/2018 at 02:47, Mavrik said:

@Draven Does the GT3 master make a noticeable difference on track?

It makes a noticeable difference wherever you're driving. It essentially eradicates that horrible mushy travel at the top of the pedal, giving the brakes a far more direct feel. 

The improvement on track is probably the most noticeable, though. since you're braking that much harder - it makes it easier to roll your foot to heel and toe, too. 

It's one of those things that should have been done at the factory - although if you're running PCCBs they come with a larger - though still smaller than the GT3 version - master cylinder anyway. 

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 16:44, Draven said:

It makes a noticeable difference wherever you're driving. It essentially eradicates that horrible mushy travel at the top of the pedal, giving the brakes a far more direct feel. 

The improvement on track is probably the most noticeable, though. since you're braking that much harder - it makes it easier to roll your foot to heel and toe, too. 

It's one of those things that should have been done at the factory - although if you're running PCCBs they come with a larger - though still smaller than the GT3 version - master cylinder anyway. 

Echo all of the coments above.

My R had the GT3 cylinder fitted when i bought it and the brakes always felt good. However i didnty realise just how good till i drove a standard 987S.  Admittedly mine also runs the larger Girodiscs all round and RS29s, however the pedal feel is really positive.  :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 04/09/2018 at 16:44, Draven said:

Just bought the GT3 master cylinder... Not had chance to fit yet but I'll post up my thoughts once fitted ?

On 20/08/2018 at 21:19, Craiglm68 said:

And are they a faff/time consuming/expensive to install?

Easy to install... Roughly 10mins once you've got the wheels off!!

• Like 1

On 18/10/2018 at 21:52, Peopleandcars said:

can yo uadjjust pedal height?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Was referring to the brake ducts fella ?

MC will take a bit longer!!! lol

On 18/10/2018 at 21:52, Peopleandcars said:

can yo uadjjust pedal height?

----------------------------------------------------

I gather that the pedal height can be adjusted on the servo pushrod fitting? 

On 18/10/2018 at 21:51, Peopleandcars said:

Where did you find stock?

--------------------------------------------------

Bought it off a guy on eBay... Was watching it for a few months & he reduced the price dramatically so it would've been rude not to take a punt! ?

Brand new/never fitted for a decent price!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mavrik said:

--------------------------------------------------

Bought it off a guy on eBay... Was watching it for a few months & he reduced the price dramatically so it would've been rude not to take a punt! ?

Brand new/never fitted for a decent price!

Nice one!

Hard to come by indeed as seem part out of production